Benesh Training Centre
Find out more about our courses and qualifications in Benesh Movement Notation.
- CPD courses in BMN
- Benesh Movement Notation for Ballet distance learning course
- Benesh Movement Notation for Ballet application form
Course contact: Lui Sit – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benesh Movement Notation for Ballet distance learning (Simplified Chinese)
- Benesh Movement Notation for Ballet application form (Chinese)
Course contact: Tina Chen – email@example.com
- Benesh Movement Notation for Ballet distance learning course (Spanish)
- Benesh Movement Notation for Ballet application form (Spanish)
Course contact: Maria Jimenez – firstname.lastname@example.org
All these activities carry RAD time valued CPD.
- Professional Award in Benesh Movement Notation
- Professional Award in Benesh Movement Notation application form
- Postgraduate Diploma in Benesh Movement Notation
- Postgraduate Diploma in Benesh Movement Notation application form
BMN in schools and colleges
For more information please contact Lui Sit email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7326 8035.
BMN for clinicians
Clinicians can use BMN as:
- a recording tool for ‘shop floor’ assessment and reassessment
- a research tool in conjunction with instrumentation methods, to record clinical findings, and
- a teaching tool to provide systematic observation of movement for clinical analyses of both functional and dysfunctional movements.
See below for more information on how Benesh Movement Notation is used by clinicians.
Benesh Short Courses
Analysing Discovering Repertoire Choreographic Style with Benesh Notation 27 July, London
This is an exciting workshop where participants will discover all of the subtleties and choreographic style of the Discovering Repertoire syllabus through reading the Benesh Movement Notation (BMN) score. The workshop will be taught in a fun, interactive and pro-active manner, and will provide participants with practical experience of this new approach to transmit BMN to their students in a creative manner. No prior knowledge of BMN is required to take part in this workshop. The workshop carries 8 hours of Time-Valued CPD.
Reading Benesh for Ballet Teachers – 14-15 September, Oslo
Benesh Movement Notation (BMN) is a dance notation system used to document dance and other types of human movement. The system uses abstract symbols based on figurative representations of the human body. It is used in choreography and physical therapy, and by the Royal Academy of Dance to teach ballet. This two day course gives RAD teachers 16h CPD. The two day course will then be able to be followed up by a distance learning course for those interested to find out more.