We welcome visitors to our headquarters and offer tours (subject to booking and guide availability).
Tours are run between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. They last approximately 45 minutes and begin at reception with a staff guide. These are limited to a maximum of 10 people, so please wait for confirmation to avoid disappointment.
Toarrange a tour, please email email@example.com with your preferred date and we will confirm availability for you. If you are from overseas it may be possible to arrange a group tour, email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Please note that visitors are not allowed into studios where classes are scheduled and are unable to view classes or performances.
- Parking can be found locally but, although drivers may use the courtyard as a dropping off point, there is no onsite parking.
- We have drink and snack machines in the waiting area and wi-fi is also available. There are also shops, cafes and restaurants in nearby Battersea Square.
- The RAD shop, located in the reception area, sells dance-related and branded gifts, jewellery, dancewear, CDs and DVDs. You can also buy online.
Tours are free but if you wish to make a donation towards our work, there is a donation box and a Gift Aid form in reception.
Access for People with Disabilities
Entrances to the main building and the Fonteyn Centre are ramped and there is an accessible toilet on the ground floor. A lift provides access to studios on the first and second floors. Staff will be happy to provide assistance for access to the shop as, although located on the ground floor, it does have a step.
Parking for people with a disability may be booked in advance on +44 (0)20 7326 8000 and service dogs are welcome. Take care when crossing our cobbled courtyard, as this area is listed, it restricts any improvements to access.
As you will be passing through areas where staff and students work and study, please observe the following:
- Food and drink may only be consumed in the cafeteria and the courtyard.
- The RAD is a smoke-free building. Smoking is only allowed in a clearly marked area in the courtyard.
- Mobile phones should be switched off during a tour.
- Works of art on display should not be touched.
You may be asked to leave the premises if you do not adhere to these guidelines.
Please also respect the rights of our staff, students and other visitors to work in a safe environment, free from aggressive behaviour. The police will be asked to prosecute any visitor acting in a violent or abusive manner. Have a look at our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
Photography & Video
Photography is permitted in the courtyard and in the reception area. It is only allowed inside the premises if you have been given permission and where no staff or students are present. The use of flash and tripods is prohibited unless cleared prior to your visit.
All photography must be for personal, non-commercial purposes. Images cannot be reproduced in any format or media other than for private viewing. The RAD does not authorise the use of any photos on social media sites.