How to buy tickets for the Semi-finals and the Final of the Genée International Ballet Competition 2018 in Hong Kong.
This year, RAD members attending the first day of the Semi-Finals on Thursday 9 August, who observe all three sessions, can claim 3 hours of Time-Valued CPD. Find out more.
Thursday 9 & Friday 10 August 10:30
The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, Drama Theatre
One-day ticket: full price HK $300 / student HK $180
Two-day ticket: full price HK $500
Group rates (10+) available
Book tickets online via the HK Ticketing website.
Or call the Ticket Purchase Hotline on +852 31 288 288.
HK Ticketing applies a customer service fee to all tickets purchased via its network. This fee is additional to the face value of the ticket and is payable upon purchase of tickets.
Tickets are available from HK Ticketing's box offices located at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, HKAPA Béthanie Landmark Heritage Campus, AsiaWorld-Expo, Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre, D. PARK and K11 Select, as well as Tom Lee Music Stores.
Sunday 12 August 19:30
Hong Kong City Hall, Concert Hall
Front Stalls: full price HK $600
Rear Stalls: full price HK $500
Balcony: full price HK $300 / student HK $180 (limited tickets only)
Group rates (10+) available
Book tickets online via the URBTIX website.
Call +852 2111 5999 or purchase via the MY URBTIX mobile app.
A per ticket service charge of HK $8 applies for bookings made online or by phone.
We are aware that the URBTIX website often experiences a lot of traffic so if you see a screen saying the site is busy, please keep trying if you cannot get through the first time. You may need to enable cookies in your browser when prompted. Alternatively, you can search for the Genée via the URBTIX homepage.
Exclusive VIP packages are also available to buy for members of the Genée Circle 2018.
Members of the Circle receive an enhanced experience of the Genée International Ballet Competition, which includes:
- a place at the Genée Patrons Dinner on Saturday 11 August (optional)
- premium tickets for the Final on Sunday 12 August
- a place at the Post-Final Reception on Sunday 12 August
- recognition in the official Genée Souvenir Programme.
For this time-valued CPD activity, teachers will observe a classical ballet class on stage, taught by Genée Producer, Hilary Clark, and accompanied by pianist, Cynthia Chan.
- To provide teachers with an opportunity to observe teaching and learning during a classical ballet class on stage
- To provide the opportunity to observe the technical requirements of young dancers at a pre-professional level
- Enhance understanding of enchaînement complexity, length and content for male and female dancers at post-Advanced level, using a range of musical styles and rhythms
- Observe teacher/musician rapport and communication
On completion, you will:
- Have had an opportunity to develop your understanding of the structure and content of a competitive, pre-professional ballet class through observation
- Developed an increased awareness of the class content required for a pre-professional ballet class
- Have enhanced your awareness of a working relationship between the teacher and the pianist
Members are asked to retain their theatre ticket as proof of attendance.