1 March 2023 12:38
Eating Disorder Awareness Week
We're marking Eating Disorder Awareness Week at the RAD with resources to highlight the issue and to provide advice. While anyone can develop a problem, this year's focus is on men, who make up 1 in 4 of those with a disorder.
Here we've compiled a list of resources to raise awareness and to provide help if you, or someone you know, might have a problem.
- Beat Eating Disorders
- Eating disorders in men
- Advice and information about eating disorders
- #HelpMenGetHelp: Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2023
- NEDA #EDAW23 resources
- Hugo's story: Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2023
- Eating Disorders Don't Have a Look
- Eating Disorder, Identity & Me by Lottie Bolster
- Identity and Disordered Eating
The Wolfson Library at the RAD also has a range of books on eating disorders.
For young people
- Young Minds mental health charity
- Advice for parents: Eating disorders
- Talk ED
- How GPs can best support young people presenting with disordered or restricted eating