24 July 2023 - 28 July 2023
Children's Summer Classes 2023 (London)
A week-long course involving two daily classes, in ballet and creative dance. Choose from morning or afternoon sessions.
Themed classes let the children use their imagination to create an original dance with their teachers. This fun week of expressive movement and music ends with a lively presentation!
Highlights of the programme include:
- The chance to be taught by professional teachers with years of experience within the industry
- The opportunity to perform to friends and family in the Aud Jebsen Studio Theatre at our purpose-built headquarters
- Opportunities to share fun and creative classes with new friends
|Beginners+||4-7||1 week: Monday - Friday||£125||12 June 2023 12:00pm|
Who can attend?
The classes are open to students who are aged 4-7 years old. No prior dance experience is necessary.
Monday 24 July – Friday 28 July 2023
Closing date: Monday 12 June 2023
Royal Academy of Dance
188 York Road
We offer the option to either join us in the morning or the afternoon group.
4-5 years: 9.30am – 11.15am (SOLD OUT)
6-7 years: 9.30am – 12.15pm (SOLD OUT)
4-5 years: 9.30am – 1.00pm (SOLD OUT)
6-7 years: 9.30am – 1.00pm (SOLD OUT)
To join the waiting list for 4-5 years morning group, please complete the form found here.
To join the waiting list for 6-7 years morning group, please complete the form found here.
4-5 years: 1.00pm – 2.45pm (Spaces available)
6-7 years: 1.00pm – 3.30pm (SOLD OUT)
4-5 years: 1.30pm – 5.00pm (Spaces available)
6-7 years: 1.30pm – 5.00pm (SOLD OUT)
To join the waiting list for 6-7 years afternoon group, please complete the form found here.
Each day, Monday to Thursday, the children participate in a 45 minute ballet class, followed by a 45 minute creative dance class. There is a 15-minute refreshment break in between classes, and students can bring a small snack along with a drink.
Over the course of the week the children will create two dances with their ballet and creative dance teachers. The classes will each be based around a theme designed to ignite their imaginations. Together with their teachers they will develop steps and sequences of movement to depict the characters and creatures that bring each theme to life and tell a story through dance. In ballet, the children will be introduced to ballet steps and classical mime appropriate to their age, with pianist accompaniment.
On Friday all the participants share their dances, following a warm-up, they rehearse together in the performance space. Parents are invited to watch the final sharing and certificate presentation.
Repertoire Session for 6 – 7 years:
We are excited to announce that as part of the Children’s Summer Classes 2023, students in the 6 – 7 years group will also be taking part in a free 30-minute repertoire session based on ballet repertoire at the end of each day. These sessions will be led by professional dancers who are currently studying on our PDTD programme. There will be a 30-minute break between the two morning classes and the repertoire session for students to have some lunch for the morning group and a shorter break of 15 minutes between the two afternoon classes and the repertoire session for students to have a refreshment break for the afternoon group.
Observation: Please note, some classes may be observed by students currently studying on the PDTD programme.
Meet the teachers on our Children’s Summer Classes Faculty.
You may also be interested in...
Junior Summer School 2023 (London)
Duration1 or 2 weeks: Monday - Saturday (half day on Saturday)
PriceTuition only: £470 per week
Senior Summer School 2023 (London)
Duration1 week: Monday - Saturday (half-day on Saturday)
PriceTuition only: £520 per week
- Places are limited in each class and secured on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Payment is required at the time of booking.
- An automatic email will be sent via the booking platform Cvent to confirm your registration and payment were successful.
- Please quote the Cvent order no/ticket reference when contacting the RAD with any queries related to your booking.
- Please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions, which includes the RAD’s cancellation policy.
- When a class is fully-booked, a waiting list will be activated. The Learning and Participation Team will contact you via email should a suitable place become available.
- After the closing date, you will receive an additional confirmation by email, detailing registration and collection times for your child, suggested dress, and all other relevant information for the course and venue.
- For all queries, please email email@example.com.
Please ensure you check the ticket details carefully. If the ticket you wish to book appears sold out, please apply online for the ‘Waiting List’ ticket. The will contact you should a suitable place become available.
Please ensure you have read our Summer Events Terms & Conditions carefully before you apply. You will need to confirm your acceptance of these terms when you register your place.
The RAD uses Cvent for ticketing and registration for events (including workshops, masterclasses, CPD, and a range of free activities). We only store your personal information in order to facilitate your attendance and to request feedback. We will not use your information to contact you unless you have opted to receive marketing materials or have signed up for our e-newsletter. For further details on how your information is processed, please see the Student Activities Privacy Notice.
Please note, in the event of injury or medical emergency during the activity a qualified First Aider from Royal Academy of Dance will provide necessary treatment and assistance to the participant. Please see our Terms & Conditions for further information on this.