24 July 2019 10:00 - 17:00
Discovering Repertoire Level 2 (Male and Female) (London)
This one day practical studio-based course will provide ballet teachers with a good understanding and knowledge of Discovering Repertoire Level 2 (Male and Female).
All three units of Discovering Repertoire Level 2 will be covered, with an emphasis on the teaching of the Development exercises and the Variations from Coppélia (Act 1 Franz; Act 2 Swanilda, Spanish) and Giselle (Act 1, from the ‘Peasant Pas de Deux’ – Male and Female). Participants will gain insights into the concepts which underpin the structure, content and teaching of Discovering Repertoire Level 2, and suggestions for how each of the units can be delivered flexibly (e.g. as stand-alone units or in conjunction with each other). The workshop will also provide practical, technical, artistic and musical insights into the teaching of Discovering Repertoire Level 2.
The aims of this course are to:
- Equip ballet teachers with knowledge and understanding of the vocabulary and technique employed in Discovering Repertoire Level 2;
- Enhance ballet teachers’ knowledge and understanding of the classical ballet repertoire in Discovering Repertoire Level 2;
- Provide ballet teachers with practical, technical, artistic and musical insights in the teaching of Discovering Repertoire Level 2.
On completion of the course you will:
- Have knowledge and understanding of teaching the three different units of Discovering Repertoire Level 2, with emphasis on teaching the Development Exercises and Variations;
- Have insight into the practical, technical, artistic and musical concepts of Discovering Repertoire Level 2, and how the content can be adapted for a wide range of learners.
8 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities
|10:00 - 17:00||Member: £135 |
Who can attend?
How to apply
For further details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice.