26 July 2019 10:00 - 13:00
Foundations and Progressions of Classical Ballet Technique (London)
This half day practical course for teachers will focus in detail on a selection of the steps and movements contained in the RAD publications The Foundations of Classical Ballet Technique and The Progressions of Classical Ballet Technique.
The aims of this course are to:
- examine the steps and movements contained in the two publications The Foundations of Classical Ballet Technique and The Progressions of Classical Ballet Technique in the context of the RAD syllabus
- understand what the elements, positions and movements are, why they are important and how they should be performed
- provide the opportunity for critical analysis of the selected steps and movements
- enhance knowledge of the technical foundations of the RAD and other ballet examination syllabi
- gain a practical and critical awareness of the study of classical ballet movements and steps
On completion of the course participants will have:
- developed the vocabulary essential for the teaching of classical ballet
- developed an increased understanding of the technical foundations of the RAD examination syllabi
- analysed, interpreted and demonstrated the selected steps and movements with clarity
4 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities
|10:00 - 13:00||Member: £67.50 |
Who can attend?
How to apply
For further details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice.