13 August 2020 9.00-11.00am BST
Inside the Content and Choreography: Grades 1–3 (Webinar)
This is the first in a series of webinars developed and delivered by the RAD’s Chief Examiner, Jennifer Hale, focussing specifically on the content of Grades 1–3. The webinar will commence with a review of the RAD mark scheme and continue with a discussion highlighting common problems observed in examinations at Grades 1–3 level. Further discussion will focus on teaching strategies to help develop technique, musicality and performance and the benefits gained from understanding the ‘how and why’ of selected content. The webinar will conclude with a Question and Answer session.
It is recommended participants have a working knowledge of the RAD assessment criteria and syllabi content of Grades 1–3, as well as knowledge and understanding of the Foundations of Classical Ballet Technique publication.
The aims of this webinar are:
- to understand and apply RAD mark schemes to Grades 1–3 syllabi
- to encourage effective teaching strategies to further develop technique, musicality and performance at Grades 1–3 levels.
By the end of this webinar, participants will:
- have an increased understanding of the RAD examinations mark schemes for Grades 1-3 syllabi
- have an increased awareness of common problems observed in the classical settings in examinations at Grades 1–3 level
- have an increased understanding of how to develop technique, musicality and performance in selected classical settings at Grades 1–3 level
Jennifer Hale, Chief Examiner
2 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
How to book
For further details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice.
Please read our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please contact the CPD Team, email@example.comBook Now
|9.00-11.00am BST||Member Fee: £15 |
Non-Member Fee: £20
Who can attend?
- RAD Registered Teachers
- Students on Faculty of Education teacher training programmes of study