26 May 2020 10:00 - 13:00
Inside the Exam (Manchester)
The course takes an in-depth look at the examination process in general, and at the RAD marking criteria in particular. The course includes practical information about the way that an examination is run, and also gives more detail about what an examiner is looking for when they watch and mark an examination. This course will help RAD teachers to identify key areas where they can work with their students to develop their response to RAD marking criteria, and therefore improve their students’ examination results. A question and answer session will complete the course.
- outline the basic format of RAD examinations
- focus on and explain specific examination criteria
- identify ways to improve candidates’ performance in an exam scenario, based on knowledge of the RAD examination criteria
- provide the opportunity to become more familiar with selected levels of the RAD syllabus
- give RAD teachers the opportunity to engage in discussion regarding the examination process and examination criteria.
On completion of the course participants will:
- have increased their knowledge of RAD syllabus content and examination procedures
- have gained greater breadth of knowledge regarding the RAD examination criteria, and be able to apply this knowledge in their teaching
- be able to use the content of the course to help evaluate and improve their work as a teacher.
Malmaison Hotel, Manchester, M1 1LZ
Roberta McClelland, BA Hons, ARAD
Roberta trained with the Gillian Cartwright Schools of Dance on the Isle of Wight, was a Senior Associate of the Royal Ballet School and finalist for Young Dancer of the Year in 1999. She went on to train professionally at the English National Ballet School London before continuing her study at the Royal Academy of Dance where she graduated in 2005 with a 1st class degree in the Art and Teaching of Ballet from Durham University. Roberta is now a freelance ballet teacher at the Gillian Cartwright School of Dance and Karen Blackburn Dance Academy, as well as the Assistant Director, Administrator and Associate Teacher for Ballet Boost. She is an appointed RAD Examiner and distance learning tutor on the RAD CBTS and DDTS programmes for trainee teachers. She also conducts courses on behalf of the RAD CPD and training departments throughout the UK and abroad. She has previously tutored on the RAD BABE, PDTC, PDPTC and LRAD courses as well as freelance teaching for Susan Robinson School of Ballet, West London School of Dance, The Ballet School Notting Hill, Arts Educational School and Urdang Academy in London – among others.
4 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
How to book
For further details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice.
Please read our Terms and Conditions.Book Now
|10:00 - 13:00||Member Fee: £50.50 |
Non-Member Fee: £71