2 May 2021 - 30 May 2021
Intensive Examination Syllabus Course (Summer Term)
Run across 4 Sundays in May this course covers syllabus classes, followed by pointe work and coaching of the variations for females, and virtuosity and coaching of the variations for males.
We are able to offer two different study options for this course, depending on your location and restrictions. You can choose to attend all four classes in-person, or take part in classes online, via Zoom.
The sessions you attend will be delivered by our highly-professional and experienced tutors and include:
- A focus on musicality to include accuracy, dynamics, and responsiveness.
- Further development of artistry, eye-line, projection and presentation of the work.
- An opportunity to further improve the whole process of the Free Enchainment section of the examination. Including under pinning of the vocabulary, coordination, rhythm, marking and performance.
- A focus on the variations with an enhanced awareness of staging, line and spatial awareness ready for returning to the studio, along with practical skills and advice for improved expression, communication and interpretation.
- A discussion on the criteria and marking system from the candidate’s perspective.
- Individual and group technical enhancements where appropriate.
- Nurture increased confidence in the dancer’s ability to execute the settings, whether performing in a group or as a solo.
The tutor will actively encourage you to put forward any questions you have throughout.
Who can attend?
Students aged 11 years and above, studying RAD Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate, with a thorough knowledge of the complete syllabus, including their chosen variations.
Sunday 2, 9, 23 & 30 May 2021
*Please note there will be no class on Sunday 16 May.
In person classes will take place at the Royal Academy of Dance headquarters, 36 Battersea Square, London SW11 3RA.
Please note, there are a very limited number of places available for the face-to-face classes, this is to allow for social distancing, in line with our risk assessment. A full outline of our entry checks and the COVID safe proceedures we have put in place, will be communicated following the closing date.
Online classes will be delivered via Zoom and meeting details sent in the final confirmation which will be emailed to you following the closing date.
Please take a look at our remote learning Student User Agreement and Health & Safety Guidelines.
Intermediate Foundation: 10.30am – 1.15pm (online and in-person)
Intermediate: 2.00 – 4.45pm (online and in-person)
- Places are limited and secured on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Payment is required at the time of booking.
- An automatic email will be sent via the booking platform Eventbrite to confirm your registration and payment were successful.
- Please quote the Eventbrite order no/ticket ref. when contacting the RAD with any queries related to your booking.
- Please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions, which includes the RAD’s cancellation policy.
- When a class is fully-booked, a waiting list will be activated. The Student Activities Team will contact you via email should a suitable place become available.
- After the closing date on the 19 April, you will receive an additional confirmation by email, detailing registration and collection times for your child, suggested dress, and all other relevant information for the course and venue.
- For all queries, please email email@example.com.
Please complete the registration form in Eventbrite by clicking the ‘book now’ button and ensure you check the ticket details carefully. If the ticket you wish to book appears sold out, please apply online for the free Waiting List Ticket.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you apply.
Discounts will be checked, calculated and verified following your booking submission and the amount refunded directly.
Please note, in the event of injury or medical emergency during the activity a qualified First Aider from Royal Academy of Dance will provide necessary treatment and assistance to the participant.Book Now
|RAD Intermediate Foundation & Intermediate||£118 - £157 for all 4 dates||19 April 2021 6:00pm|