23 February 2020 10:00 - 13:00
Introduction to Creating Dance Classes for Older Learners with Parkinson’s Disease (Stockport)
This half-day workshop provides an introduction to practical approaches and strategies which dance teachers can use in creating stimulating and inclusive dance classes for older learners who present with a range of neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
Focusing on older learners with Parkinson’s disease, participants will explore key skills required to devise and deliver dance classes (including ballet classes) which are inclusive and differentiated. Through group work, participants will engage in practical activities and exploration which will stimulate ideas and approaches which can be included and developed in dance classes.
Please note, by attending this workshop participants will not be qualified to counsel and/or provide specialist advice to students/individuals in dealing with mental health or neurological conditions.
The aims of this workshop are to:
- Gain an understanding of some of the factors which shape the experiences and every day lives of older learners with Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- Explore some of the approaches and strategies which dance teachers might use in teaching dance to older learners with Parkinson’s disease.
On completion of the workshop you will:
- Have gained an understanding of how neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia impact on everyday living and engagement in activities such as dance.
- Be more confident in leading dance/ballet classes that are inclusive and appropriate for such a client group.
- Experienced a range of established ‘tried and tested’ activities suitable for people living with for example Parkinson’s disease.
The Vale School Of Dance, Stockport, SK6 2BP
4 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
How to book
For further details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice.
Please read our Terms and Conditions.Book Now
|10:00 - 13:00||Member Fee: £61 |
Non-Member Fee: £85
Silver Swans Licensee Fee: £49
Who can attend?
- Silver Swans Licensees
- Ballet teachers
- Recent dance teacher graduates and established dance teachers with an interest in providing dance classes for older learners with neurological conditions