12 February 2024 10.30am – 5pm
Introduction to Intermediate Foundation (Male and Female) CPD Course (London, UK)
A one-day practical course in which participants will gain a greater understanding of the set exercises of the Intermediate Foundation (Male and Female) syllabus.
The aims of this course are to provide knowledge of the set exercises of the RAD Intermediate Foundation ballet syllabus, and understanding of learning and teaching progressions.
On completion of the course, you will:
- have an understanding of the aims of the syllabus,
- have an understanding of how learning outcomes and assessment criteria are demonstrated,
- have an understanding of the choreographic content of the syllabus,
- have knowledge and understanding of teaching approaches and strategies to develop and progress technique, artistry, musicality and creativity in students working towards the Intermediate Foundation examination, and
- be provided with guidance on preparation and procedures for the Intermediate Foundation examination.
RAD headquarters, London SW11 3JZ
Participants should watch the Intermediate Foundation DVD/video on the RAD app prior to the commencement of the course and read through the Specifications.
Emily Anne Koschyk RAD Teaching Dip Dip LCDD ISTD DDE
Emily trained at London College of Dance and Drama in Bedford and graduated with Distinction in Teaching Studies.
In 1988, she moved to Germany and danced in national television and theatre productions. She taught in various schools around the country before opening her own school in 1998.
During this period, she also led a full-time 3-year teacher-training programme, from which many young aspiring teachers successfully graduated.
In 2020, Emily relocated back to the south of England and now teaches on a freelance basis. She conducts workshops and teaches at various summer schools in Europe.
Since its inception in 2004 Emily has been a tutor for a number of modules of the Royal Academy of Dance’s CBTS and tutors on the PDPTC Programme based in Berlin. She is an examiner and has been invited to be a CPD tutor for all levels from Pre-Primary to Advanced 2 and travels extensively in these roles.
8 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
How to book
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please contact the CPD Team, email@example.com
If you have any questions about this activity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book now (Sterling)
Book now (Euro)
Book now (US Dollars)
|10.30am – 5pm
|Member Fee: £109 / €127 / $139
Non-Member Fee: £153 / €178 / $195