5 August 2023 - 6 August 2023
The Sleeping Beauty Adult Repertoire Intensive (London)
We are delighted to offer adult dancers an intensive weekend exploring repertoire from the much loved ballet The Sleeping Beauty. Join us for two days and experience the technical and dramatic challenges required of a dancer when performing repertoire from this classical ballet.
Each day will start off with a ballet technique class, before moving on to look at a piece of repertoire from The Sleeping Beauty and finishing with the opportunity to invite family/friends to watch an informal sharing of the repertoire on the Sunday.
The Sleeping Beauty Adult Repertoire Intensive will be delivered by Damien Lee Stirk and feature live piano accompaniment.
For weekly classes that focus on solo choreography from the classic ballets, please refer to the RAD syllabus Discovering Repertoire.Book Now
|5.75 hours per day
|10 July 2023 12:00pm
Who can attend?
Suitable for those age 18+. We offer two different levels to choose from depending on your experience:
Level 1: Open to dancers who have some knowledge of ballet technique.
Level 2: Suitable for dancers currently studying RAD Inter-Foundation and above, or equivalent.
Date and Time
Saturday 5 August, 10.00am – 3.45pm and Sunday 6 August, 10.00am – 4.15pm. Please note, there will be a 45 minute lunch break scheduled each day.
Royal Academy of Dance
188 York Road
£122.50 for the weekend
Each day will start off with a 1 hour ballet technique class, before moving on to work in depth with a piece of repertoire from Sleeping Beauty. On Saturday dancers will focus on corps de ballet repertoire and Sunday solo repertoire. Sunday will finish with the opportunity to invite family/friends to watch an informal sharing of the repertoire.
Meet the teachers in our Adult Repertoire Weekend Faculty.
You may also be interested in...
- Places are limited in each class and secured on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Payment is required at the time of booking.
- An automatic email will be sent via the booking platform CVENT to confirm your registration and payment were successful.
- Please quote the CVENT order no/ticket reference when contacting the RAD with any queries related to your booking.
- Please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions, which includes the RAD’s cancellation policy.
- When a class is fully-booked, a waiting list will be activated. The Learning and Participation Team will contact you via email should a suitable place become available.
- After the closing date, you will receive an additional confirmation by email, detailing registration times, suggested dress, and all other relevant information for the course and venue.
- For all queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the registration form in Cvent by clicking the ‘book now’ button and ensure you check the ticket details carefully. If the ticket you wish to book appears sold out, please apply online via the same link, selecting the ‘Waiting List’ ticket option.
Please ensure you check the ticket details carefully. If the ticket you wish to book appears sold out, please apply online for the ‘Waiting List’ ticket. The will contact you should a suitable place become available.
Please ensure you have read our Summer Events Terms & Conditions carefully before you apply. You will need to confirm your acceptance of these terms when you register your place.
The RAD uses Cvent for ticketing and registration for events (including workshops, masterclasses, CPD, and a range of free activities). We only store your personal information in order to facilitate your attendance and to request feedback. We will not use your information to contact you unless you have opted to receive marketing materials or have signed up for our e-newsletter. For further details on how your information is processed, please see the Student Activities Privacy Notice.
Please note, in the event of injury or medical emergency during the activity a qualified First Aider from Royal Academy of Dance will provide necessary treatment and assistance to the participant. Please see our Terms & Conditions for further information on this.