27 October 2019 10:00 - 17:00
Syllabus Strategies: Focus on Grades 1-3 (Bristol)
A one-day practical course in which participating teachers will gain an understanding of how to teach the Grade 1-3 syllabi. Learning activities will focus on creating appropriate development exercises to encourage an accurate interpretation of the criteria used in the mark scheme of the examination.
- Look in depth at the philosophy of the work
- Offer a chance to improve understanding of specific areas within the syllabus, particularly in regards to technical, musical and performance aspects of the work, as identified by examiners during examinations.
- Reflect on the relevance and interpretation of the assessment criteria in selected exercises and dances
- Provide a platform to discuss, explore and develop strategies to strengthen areas of the work
- Support the creation of development exercises for Grades 1–3 students by defining the requisite skills and knowledge to do so.
- Attendees at the course will be better able to understand the ‘how’ of teaching the syllabus, increase knowledge of the assessment criteria and gain insight into how the candidates are generally coping in the examinations.
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate, physically and/or through explanation, an understanding of the technique/s at each level
- discuss the relevance and interpretation of the assessment criteria in selected exercises and dances
Participants will have knowledge and understanding of:
- approaches to help their learners develop the necessary strength and understanding to achieve the requirements of the assessment criteria in the examination.
Dance Station Bristol, BS16 2BG
8 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
How to apply
For further details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice.
Please see our Terms and Conditions.Book Now
|10:00 - 17:00||Member Fee: £101 |
Non-Member Fee: £141.50
Who can attend?