Dartington Summer School 2018 (Dartington)
A fun week to develop your technique and learn new dance skills in a variety of styles, and in a beautiful setting. The week closes with an open day to celebrate your achievements.
“…really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and made lots of new friends”
“…the teacher was inspirational"
Who can attend?
Students aged 8-18, studying RAD Grade 2, or the equivalent and above.
Space, Dartington Hall, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 6EL
“….enjoyed the variety”
Daily classes in a range of dance styles:
- group dance/repertoire
- other dance styles to be announced.
Monday 27 August - Saturday 1 September 2018.
Monday 4 June
Monday - Friday: 10am to 4.30pm.
Saturday: Tuition hours for each group will vary for the parent open day, the latest finish time will be 1.30pm. Please allow plenty of time for collecting belongings and sign-out when making travel arrangements.
A light buffet lunch is provided Monday to Friday, including snacks and drinks.
Film Screening & Karaoke night
Includes a film screening evening and a fun karaoke night (for residential and non-residential students).
A residential accommodation option at Dartington Hall is available for students aged 9 and above for an additional fee. The accommodation fee includes:
- single accommodation
- towels and bed linen
- breakfast and evening meals each day
- access to the beautiful grounds at Dartington
- chaperones and a housemother in attendance during the stay.
Accommodation address: Dartington Hall, Dartington, Totnes, Devon TQ9 6ED
Please note additional nights’ accommodation are not available at Dartington Hall.
- Tuition only £298
- Tuition and accommodation £688
Students will need to register at the accommodation between 3 – 4pm, once you have received confirmation of your place after the closing date, please ensure your flight* arrangements allow time to arrive at the accommodation for this one hour registration window.
*Any flight or accommodation booking made prior to confirmation are made at your own risk, the RAD will not be liable to provide a refund for any loss you experience in the unlikely event that a course does not run.
One tuition award will be presented to a student (at any level) who has shown significant improvement at each RAD Summer School in the UK. The award is one week’s tuition at an RAD Summer School in 2019 or 2020.
- Sibling discounts: Two sibling students: 10% off total cost of tuition fee, and three or more sibling students: 20% off total cost of tuition fees.
- Group discounts: A 10% discount will be applied to the total cost of tuition fees for groups of 10 or more students within the same price band.
- Multiple booking discount: A 10% discount will be applied to the total cost of tuition fees for any single participant booking two or more summer events at the same time.
All discounts will be checked, calculated and verified following your booking submission and the amount refunded directly.