Become a Teacher
Gain recognition when you join our professional network of approximately 8,000 teachers registered with the RAD.
Join now — £148/€203
APPLY for teaching membership
Join our global community by completing and returning the online application form.
Top benefits for Registered Teachers
- Eligibility to enter students for RAD exams
- Market yourself on our RAD teacher worldwide map accessed by thousands of visitors every month
- Receive a teacher's registration certificate
- Substantial discount on CPD courses
- Publications such as Dance Gazette and Focus on Exams delivered to your door
And more – see what else you’ll receive as a Registered Teacher.
Subscriptions will run until 31 August 2019.
Teachers reinstating their memberships will be charged an additional reinstatement fee.
Teachers should hold one of the following University Validated or RAD awards:
Current Offered Programmes:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education (BABE)
- BA (Hons) Dance Education (BADE)*
- Diploma in Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma in Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Certificate of Higher Education: Ballet Education*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Professional Dancers' Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- MA in Education (Dance Teaching)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching (PGCE:DT)
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
- RAD Access Route
Previously Offered Programmes:
- Teaching Certificate Programme (TCP)
- Teaching Diploma Programme (TD)
- BA (Hons) in the Art and Teaching of Ballet
*Eligible for RTS upon successful completion of a teaching portfolio.
Pathway to RAD Registered Teacher Status (rts)
This new course is aimed at teachers with a ballet teaching qualification at Level 4 or higher, or equivalent, and RAD RTS status will be conferred on successful completion of each of the course modules.
Read more about the Pathway to RAD RTS.
Code of conduct
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As best practice, the RAD recommends that its teaching members apply for an Enhanced Disclosure (or equivalent) with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Disclosure Scotland or another equivalent international body every three years. RAD Registered teachers in the UK can apply via the Registered Umbrella Body, more information about this is available in the Members' Area.
If you need further information or have any questions, contact the Membership Team at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7326 8070.