Silver Swans Licensee Training
The RAD’s Silver Swans initiative is an exciting business opportunity for experienced ballet teachers to expand their expertise and tap into the growing adult dance market.
Silver Swans classes are aimed at over 55s and are delivered by qualified, licensed, dance professionals. They have been developed in response to a growing mature market, drawing on the RAD’s own research into the benefits of dance for older learners.
There are now over 500 Licensees across the UK, USA, Australia and Hong Kong who are delivering Silver Swans branded ballet classes to the over 55s.
In order to deliver classes, you must take part in one of our Silver Swans Licensee Training sessions. To be eligible for these sessions, you must:
- hold RAD Registered Teacher status, or an Intermediate ballet qualification or equivalent, and
- a ballet teaching qualification at Level 4, or show evidence of professional ballet teaching experience.
What will Silver Swans Licensee Training cost me?
You will pay a fee for your training – for 2019/20, we are setting the cost of Licensee training to match the cost of a non-syllabus CPD workshop, which is £121.50 for RAD Members and £170 for non-members. This fee is charged at the point of registration.
Following the training, you will then be asked to pay the cost of the license fee as follows:
- Non-members pay the full fee, and will be invoiced £120 for the year (equivalent to £10/month.)
- Full/Affiliate RAD Members receive a 50% discount on the license fee, and will be invoiced £60 for the year (equivalent to £5/month.)
- RAD Registered Teachers receive a 100% discount on the license fee, and will be therefore pay no fee for the year.
For the 2018/2019 year, all costs will be made at the point of registration for Silver Swans Licensee Training.
2018/19 Silver Swans Licensee Training
Important: If you are not an RAD Registered Teacher, before you sign up for one of the below workshops, you must first complete the pre-verification form to confirm your eligibility. This can be submitted at any time, but must meet the deadlines as specified on the form if you are interested in taking part in a specific workshop. Failure to submit a fully completed application may delay approval. Your application will be reviewed within five working days of the closing date.
If there are no workshops planned in your country or region, sign up to our waiting list and we will send you details once more are available.
Benefits of the license
Following successful completion of the training session, you will become a Silver Swans Licensee.
This entitles you to:
- deliver Silver Swans branded ballet classes
- use the Silver Swans Licensee logo
- have access to the marketing toolkit with resources to help you promote your classes
- have your contact details listed on our global map
- buy Silver Swans dancewear at a discount.
Existing Silver Swans Licensees
All current Silver Swans Licensees can be found on our global map. If you are a teacher and your details do not appear on the map, or you would like to update them, please complete this form.