Silver Swans Licensee Workshops
The RAD’s Silver Swans initiative is an exciting business opportunity for experienced ballet teachers to expand their expertise and tap into the growing adult dance market.
Silver Swans ballet classes are aimed at over 55s and are delivered by qualified, licensed, dance professionals. They have been developed in response to a growing mature market, drawing on the RAD’s own research into the benefits of dance for older learners.
There are now over 900 Silver Swans Licensees across the UK, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Mexico and Canada teaching Silver Swans branded ballet classes.
To deliver classes, you must take part in one of our Silver Swans Licensee Workshops. To be eligible for these sessions, you must:
- hold RAD Registered Teacher status, or an Intermediate ballet qualification or equivalent, and
- a ballet teaching qualification at Level 4, or show evidence of professional ballet teaching experience.
What will Silver Swans Licensee Workshops consist of?
Our workshops will introduce experienced ballet teachers to Silver Swans®, with a focus on devising and delivering safe and inclusive ballet classes for older learners, and strategies which engage students with diverse experiences and abilities. The sessions aim to provide practical experience of effective ballet teaching strategies for a group of mixed ability older learners. On completion, you will have:
- an understanding of Silver Swans and the responsibilities and expectations of license holders,
- an awareness of a range of ballet teaching strategies and the benefits of these strategies in relation to the Silver Swans,
- a greater understanding of how to safely modify and deliver ballet repertoire for older learners, and
- a knowledge and understanding of appropriate progression, differentiation and integration considerations for adults of mixed ability.
Benefits of the license
Following successful completion of the workshop, you will become a Silver Swans Licensee.
This entitles you to:
- deliver Silver Swans branded ballet classes,
- use the Silver Swans Licensee logo,
- have access to the marketing toolkit with resources to help you promote your classes,
- have your contact details listed on our global map, and
- buy Silver Swans dancewear at a discount.
What will a Silver Swans Licensee Workshop cost me?
The one day workshop will cost you:
- RAD Registered Teacher: £121.50
- RAD Member Plus and RAD Member: £121.50
- Non-Member: £170
Silver Swans Licensees are required to renew their license annually, no later than the renewal date, to remain a Silver Swan Licensee.
You will be invoiced by our Membership team within 30 days of completing the Silver Swans Licensee Workshop for the cost of the annual license fee as follows:
- RAD Registered Teachers receive a 100% discount on the license fee, and will therefore pay no fee for the year.
- RAD Member Plus and RAD Members receive a 50% discount on the license fee, and will be invoiced £61 for the year.
- Non-Members pay the full license fee, and will be invoiced £122 for the year.
If you have any questions about license payments or renewals, please contact email@example.com or your national office if based in the USA, Australia, Canada or New Zealand.
2020 Silver Swans Licensee Workshops
More workshops coming later in the year.
Important: If you are not an RAD Registered Teacher, before you sign up for one of our workshops, you must first complete the pre-verification form to confirm your eligibility. This can be submitted at any time, but must meet the deadlines as specified on the form if you are interested in taking part in a specific workshop. Failure to submit a fully completed application may delay approval. Your application will be reviewed within five working days of the closing date.
If there are no workshops planned in your country or region, sign up to our waiting list and we will send you details once more are available.
Adding your Silver Swans classes to the Silver Swans Global Map
All current Silver Swans Licensees can be found on our global map. If you are a teacher and your details do not appear on the map, or you would like to update them, please complete this form.