Analysing Discovering Repertoire Choreographic Style with Benesh Notation
In this one day practical workshop participants will examine some of the subtleties of performance and choreographic style of the Discovering Repertoire syllabus.
Book your place
Using the Benesh Movement Notation (BMN) score of Discovering Repertoire and other BMN resources, the workshop will be delivered in a fun, interactive and practice-based manner. Through a series of practical activities, participants will discover how BMN can be used as a creative and educational tool in the learning and teaching of Discovering Repertoire. No prior knowledge of BMN is required to take part in this workshop.
The aims of this workshop are to:
- Equip participants with the skills to understand the principles of BMN by exploring the fundamentals of BMN;
- Provide participants with practical experience of incorporating BMN as a creative and educational tool in the learning and teaching of Discovering Repertoire.
On completion of the workshop participants will:
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of the principles of BMN;
- Have knowledge and understanding of how BMN can be used in the learning and teaching of Discovering Repertoire;
- Have developed movement analysis skills to understand choreographic style and performance subtleties as evidenced in Discovering Repertoire;
- Have practical experience of strategies for including BMN in the learning and teaching of Discovering Repertoire.