Dance for Primary School Staff
This workshop equips primary school staff (with and without prior dance experience) with the knowledge, understanding and skills to design creative, safe, stimulating and inclusive dance activities within the PE National Curriculum.
Book your place
In line with the Primary PE and Sport Premium, the workshop is targeted at teachers and support staff who are interested in developing sustainable, high quality dance provision within their schools across EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2. The content allows participants to develop and enhance their subject knowledge of dance in the PE national curriculum to support the design of engaging dance activities. (see below for fees).
This workshop will explore:
- the role of and requirements for dance in the PE national curriculum
- the potential of dance to support cross-curricular learning
- how dance can support creativity, self-esteem, and attainment
- requirements for lesson and scheme of work planning in dance
- resourcing dance in primary schools, and
- the role of dance in promoting an active and healthy lifestyle.
To equip school staff with the knowledge, understanding, and skills required to develop and deliver engaging, stimulating and inclusive dance activities within the primary PE national curriculum.
- understand the requirements of dance teaching in EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2
- be able to plan effective dance lessons and schemes of work
- know how to teach dance activities safely
- develop knowledge and understanding of the potential for cross-curricular learning through dance, and
- be able to promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle through dance.