Insight into Solo Seal
This half day practical course will take participants through preparing candidates for the Solo Seal award.
Book your place
The course looks at the structure of the award, how teachers and candidates work together in selecting the solo variations to perform, and an understanding of how to implement the criteria against which the solos will be judged. The course concludes with participants exploring, through practice, approaches to choreographing the Finale component of the award and identifying suitable music accompaniment.
The aims of this course are to:
- Provide an overview of the principles which underpin the Solo Seal award;
- Explore approaches for preparing students for the Solo Seal award.
On completion of the course you will:
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Solo Seal award as an RAD examination;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the expectations of the Solo Seal award and how it is assessed;
- Have gained insight into different approaches for preparing students for the Solo Seal award;
- Have practice in choreographing Solo Seal Finales.