From September each year, we will carry out a CPD audit, where five percent of teaching members will be selected and asked to submit evidence in support of their CPD declaration.
If you are selected you must provide evidence that you have met the minimum requirement of 20 hours of CPD. You will only need to submit evidence if you are selected to participate in the audit. It is important that you keep evidence throughout the CPD year.
Examples include but are not restricted to:
- Copies of certificates.
- Letters of attendance.
All evidence must show:
- Your name
- The date (or range of dates) of the course
- Title of the course
- Confirmation of your participation in the course
The evidence provided should be able to verify your attendance/participation in the specified activity.
We recommend that you keep supporting evidence for a minimum of 18 months.
CPD Audit Form
If you have been selected to participate in the CPD audit, you must complete a CPD audit form and return it with supporting documentation. A CPD audit form can be obtained from your National Office. We will not be able to complete the audit of your activity without this form.
What Happens When We Receive Your Form?
• We will send you an email confirming receipt of your audit data.
• We will review the information you have sent us.
• If we need any further clarification or information regarding your evidence we will contact you either via email or telephone.
• Once we have reviewed the information you have sent us we will contact you to confirm whether you have successfully completed your CPD requirement for the CPD year.
• If after further consultation with you, you have been unable to demonstrate that you have met the minimum CPD requirement we will send confirmation that you have not completed your CPD requirement for the CPD year and explain what will happen next.
If you have questions about the CPD audit please contact your national office. If you do not have a national office listed for your country, contact the RAD headquarters in London. Visit the Contact us page for all contact information.
Many of you may have already completed your CPD requirement for the 2019/20 CPD year. However, we recognise that the current exceptional circumstances mean that some of you may face difficulties in fulfilling the required CPD hours. If this is the case, when it is time to declare your CPD please indicate that you are Eligible for Exemption.