Engaging Minds, Informing Practice
Engaging Minds, Informing Practice will be held on 23-26 July 2019 at the University of Roehampton and 27-28 July 2019 at the Royal Academy of Dance Headquarters, London.
Join us this summer for six days of exciting courses, workshops and seminars designed specifically for dance teachers. As well as engaging with new ideas and practices, you will have opportunities to meet and network with other dance teachers and RAD tutors.
Schedule of Activities
Tuesday 23 July
- Silver Swans® Licensee Training Sold out
- Enhancing Silver Swans® Provision
- Exploring Repertoire in Ballet Teaching
- Evening activity: Evening Drinks Reception
Wednesday 24 July
- Pointe Work: From Beginners and Beyond Sold out
- Discovering Repertoire Level 2 (Male and Female) Sold out
- Evening activity: Top Tips for GDPR
Thursday 25 July
- RAD Syllabi Grade 1 and Intermediate Classes and Observations
- Discovering Repertoire Level 3 (Male and Female)
- Silver Swans® Licensee Training
- Evening activity: Dance Matters!
Friday 26 July
- Foundations and Progressions of Classical Ballet Technique
- Insight into Solo Seal
- Discovering Repertoire Level 4 (Male and Female)
- Evening activity: Embracing Social Media
Saturday 27 July
Sunday 28 July
- Inclusive Dance: Leading Creative Dance in School Settings for Children with a Range of Disabilities
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Sold out
University of Roehampton, Froebel College, Grove House, Roehampton Lane, London, SW15 5PJ
Royal Academy of Dance, 36 Battersea Square, London, SW11 3RA
Activity fees are listed under the individual activity pages. Your booking includes lunch and the opportunity to attend the evening session on the day of your activity. Please register your attendance on the individual evening session pages.
Accommodation and Refreshments
Teas and coffees, as well as lunch are included in your booking.
Accommodation at the University of Roehampton is fully booked.
Find out more about accommodation, tutors, and presenters
Evening Drinks Reception
Join us for an informal evening drinks reception which concludes the first day of Engaging Minds, Informing Practice and sets the scene for the next five days of inspiring courses and workshops. Mingle and network with other dance teachers, tutors, presenters, Royal Academy of Dance staff and our Special Guest Angela Rippon, CBE and Silver Swans® Ambassador, in the wonderful surrounding of the Terrace Room at the University of Roehampton.
If you are attending an activity on 23 July, this is included in your booking. Please register your attendance here.
If you are not attending an activity on 23 July, you can book your ticket for the Evening Drinks Reception here.
University of Roehampton is located at Froebel College, Grove House, Roehampton Lane, London, SW15 5PJ.
The Royal Academy of Dance is located at 36 Battersea Square, London, SW11 3RA. More information can be found here.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.