Guidelines for CPD UK Bursary Designated Activities
The Royal Academy of Dance is committed to supporting RAD Registered Teachers who wish to develop their skills and knowledge by engaging with CPD.
Each year, a limited number of bursaries for designated CPD activities delivered through CPD UK are made available to RAD Registered Teachers.
Details of the bursary designated CPD activities for the 2021/22 CPD year will be announced in due course.
2. Conditions for application
- You must be a Registered Teacher with the Royal Academy of Dance.
- Applications from UK and non UK will be considered.
- Applications can only be made toward bursary designated CPD UK activities.
- Bursary awards cover the CPD activity fee only. Bursaries are not given towards accommodation, travel or subsistence costs.
- Only one application for one bursary designated activity per UK CPD year (1 September – 31 August) is permitted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications must be completed in English.
- A CPD Bursary Review Panel drawn from CPD, Faculty of Education and Artistic staff will consider bursary applications.
- Provided an application has been completed in full, an assessment and decision of the application will normally be made within 10 working days of the date of application.
- Complaints about any decision must be made in writing only and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working days of notification. An independent senior RAD member of staff will consider the complaint and inform the complainant of the outcome in writing.
3. Selection Criteria
Bursaries will be awarded on the basis of:
- Evidence of professional engagement as a dance teacher,
- Evidence of professional characteristics and aspirations
- Need of financial assistance
You are required to provide information and personal statements to support your application. You should not send any personal or financial documents with your application.
a) In respect of professional engagement, you should be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of dance teaching employment
b) In respect of professional characteristics, you should be able to demonstrate that you:
- Have a strong commitment to self and professional development
- Take a proactive and committed approach to your dance teaching
- Are highly motivated
- Are keen to succeed
- Are aware of and have an interest in contributing to engaging with the wider dance teaching profession
c) In respect of financial need, you should be able to outline:
- Financial circumstances which you believe impacts on your ability to participate in a bursary designated CPD the activity without bursary assistance.
Do not send personal or financial documents with the application.
Bursary applications must be received at least four working weeks before the date of the bursary designated CPD activity. Late applications will not be considered under any circumstances.
Please note, bursary applications for activities as part of Making Connections: A Symposium for Dance Teachers must be received by 12pm BST on 30 June 2021.