Imogen Vasey Carr
Lecturer in Dance Education
t: 020 7326 8061
PGCE with QTS, BA(Hons), DDI
Imogen joined the Faculty of Education in August 2017 and took up the role of BADE Programme Manager in June 2018. As a graduate of University of Exeter and Bath Spa University, Imogen has an extensive background in dance pedagogy, choreographic technique and performance. Imogen spent several years working as a dance specialist in secondary schools, mentoring PGCE Dance trainees, alongside designing and delivering the schemes of work for each year group.
Teaching and management
Teaching areas include:
- BA (Hons) Dance Education (Programme Manager)
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS405 Module Convenor)
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education (BBE406 Module Convenor and RAD Tutor on other modules).
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching (RAD Tutor)
- Professional Dancers’ Teaching Diploma
Research interests and projects
Imogen is interested in Dance Education in the Bigger Picture. Specifically, in how the geographical location and cultural expectations of Dance and Education are passed down or rebelled against from generation to generation. The aim of this project is to gain deeper understanding of how and why we teach dance today whilst cataloguing the various methods that led to these ideas.
- Member of the British Theatre Dance Association
- Member of the National Union of Teachers