Your Online Stage
Welcome to Your Online Stage. In celebration of your hard work in preparing for The Margot Fonteyn International Ballet Competition, we are offering you an opportunity to share your dancing with us, and your peers from around the world, on this exclusive online stage.
We are inviting all eligible candidates that were planning to enter The Fonteyn in 2020 to film and submit a video of them dancing the Classical Variation they would have performed at the competition.
There is no fee required to submit your entry and it is not a competition. It is a celebration of all your hard work and that of your teachers.
Submissions will be accepted from Monday 3 August until Sunday 13 September 2020 at 17:00 BST.
Who is eligible?
Your Online Stage is open to those who were intending to enter The Fonteyn 2020. If you are submitting a video, you should meet the eligibility criteria for the competition. You should:
- Have passed the RAD Intermediate, Advanced 1, as well as Advanced 2 examinations in Classical Ballet (Advanced 2 with Distinction). If you were due to take the Advanced 2 examination but were unable to due to cancellation, you are still eligible to take part in this project.
- Be current members of the RAD.
- Be aged between 15 and 19 on the closing date of the project.
- Be of pre-professional status and may not have been employed on a professional contract prior to entry of the project.
We invite you to submit a video of you dancing the Classical Variation you would have performed at the competition, from this year’s approved Classical Variation list.
Please note that if you upload something other than an approved Classical Variation, your video will be removed from the project folder.
How do I take part?
- To register to take part in Your Online Stage, please complete and return an application form.
- Upon receipt, we will share a Dropbox link with you, inviting you to upload your video.
- Please name your video file as follows: candidate name, candidate nationality, and title of variation g. ‘Jane Jones_Australian_Cinderella Summer Variation’.
- Upload your video via the Dropbox link.
- If you have any questions during this process, please contact email@example.com
- Your video should be recorded in a suitable safe area, with appropriate floor surface that is free of obstacles.
- You do not need to record using professional equipment; a phone or other handheld device is sufficient.
- We recommend that you ensure there is no or little background noise in your recording, the music should be audible and no one else should appear in your video.
- We recommend that you film in landscape and that you ensure that your hands, feet and full body are in full view throughout.
- You do not need to be in costume for the recording.
What happens once I have submitted my video?
After submissions have closed, we will contact you and provide you with a link to view all of the variations submitted by your fellow prospective candidates. This is not a competition, it is a celebration! It provides an opportunity for us to connect you with your fellow candidates, online, in a shared experience.
The performances will not be made publicly available and we ask that you do not share the link with anyone else.