We are one of the world’s most influential dance education and training organisations. With our global headquarters in London, our work takes us into diverse communities, locally and around the world, to widen access to dance and to share the benefits and wellbeing that it brings.
While we maintain close ties to ballet with our internationally-taught RAD Syllabus, our outreach programmes provide opportunities for dance to secondary school pupils across the London area, classes for children with special educational needs and disabilities, and for older dancers to keep active with our popular Silver Swans classes. Our newly-opened global headquarters in London will allow us to welcome more people into our home of dance and for us to to strengthen our connection with our community.
We empower people through dance education and enjoyment, and believe that ‘every body’ should have the opportunity to learn to dance.
Facts about the RAD
- Established in 1920, we have over 100 years of experience in teaching the world to dance.
- Our President is Dame Darcey Bussell, DBE, one of the most famous ballerinas of her generation.
- We have a strong global membership in 85 countries.
- We have offices in 36 countries around the world.
- Over 1,000 students are enrolled in our full- and part-time dance teacher training programmes.
- Around 250,000 students take our exams every year.
- Our youngest student is 3 years-old and our oldest is 93.
- Our most recent Ofsted inspection found us to be an ‘outstanding’ provider of initial teacher education.
- Our examinations are recognised by Ofqual, and contribute to UCAS points.