Step into Dance Leadership Programme
The Leadership programme is aimed towards students on our schools’ programme who are interested in developing their dance leadership skills through their experiences in their Step into Dance sessions.
Dancers should be nominated by their Step into Dance Practitioner or School teacher to apply for this programme. Dancers who are selected will have the opportunity to:
- Assist Step into Dance Practitioners within Step into Dance classes taking place in their group
- Be a role model for other young people in their group and be an advocate for the Step into Dance programme
- Attend Step into Dance events as a VIP to help promote the programme to prospective students and teachers
- Act as a youth voice representative to input into the development of the Step into Dance Programme
As a Step into Dance Leader, we would expect you to:
- Positively represent the Step into Dance programme in your group and at Step into Dance events
- Communicate regularly with the Step into Dance team about your experiences and ways that we can develop the programme further
- Use this opportunity to share your passion for dance with other young people and encourage more people to get involved in dance
- Take ownership of your own development with the support of your Step into Dance Practitioner
There will be a training session on Thursday 15 February 2024. The training will take place at the Royal Academy of Dance Headquarters.
Young people should be nominated by their Step into Dance Practitioner or their School teacher to apply for this programme.
The application form is to be completed by students. Students will be asked on the application form who has nominated them for the programme.
There are also opportunities to attend additional Step into Dance projects:
- Step into Dance Battle (Saturday 27th January 2024)
- Step Around Town (various dates/ locations in late April/ early May 2024)
- Step Live Festival (July 2024)
Step Into Dance is a Royal Academy of Dance programme in partnership with the Jack Petchey Foundation, an organisation that empowers young people and widens their opportunities through grant giving and achievement recognition.