Who can attend?
We have practical dance workshops themed around The Nutcracker for different ages and levels of dance experience.
All welcome – book in advance to secure your place or pay-on-the-day: £10 general entry fee per child (adults go free) to visit the Sugar Plum Fairy, enjoy our Christmas arts and crafts, take part in our letter hunt to enter into the prize draw and win a signed pair of pointe shoes, and also receive 10% discount in the RAD shop. No additional dance workshop booking required.
View the faculty
Take a look here at the fantastic line-up of dance artists leading the practical dance sessions.
2-day dance workshops
Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 December
- Adult Intensive Ballet Repertoire Workshop with pianist accompaniment, suitable for those age 18+
10am – 3.00pm each day (Saturday & Sunday)
- Level 1: Open to dancers who have some knowledge of ballet technique.
- Level 2: Suitable for dancers currently studying RAD Intermediate Foundation and above, or equivalent.
- Silver Swans Intensive Ballet Repertoire workshop with pianist accompaniment, for those age 55+
Includes a technique class and repertoire discovery session.
- Morning, General Level: 11am-1.00pm each day (Saturday & Sunday) FULLY BOOKED
- Afternoon, General Level: 2-4pm each day (Saturday & Sunday)
Young dancers workshop programme
Sunday 17 December only
Ballet based sessions
- Pre-School (for age 3): 10-11am
- Primary (for ages 4-6): 11.45am-12.45pm FULLY BOOKED
- Grade 1: 2-3pm
- Grade 2: 11.45am-1.15pm FULLY BOOKED
- Grade 3: 10-11.30am
- Grade 4: 1.30-3pm
- Grade 5: 10-11.30am
Creative dance sessions
Exploring themes and characters from Matthew Bourne’s production of The Nutcracker for his company New Adventures.
- Ages 4-5: 10.30-11.30am FULLY BOOKED
- Ages 6-7: 11.45am-12.45pm
- Ages8-11: 2-3pm
All Boys ballet sessions
Led by a male dance artist, a creative ballet session exploring key characters and choreography. Suitable for any young dance enthusiast, beginner+
“Thank you so much – he still hasn’t stopped talking about the workshop. Its the first time ever he had other boys in his ballet class or a male ballet teacher, and it meant so much to him!” 2022 participant
- Ages 4-5: 11.45am-12.45pm
- Ages 6-7: 2-3pm
- Ages 8-11: 10.30-11.30am
General Admission Activities
Sunday 17 December only
- Visit the Sugar Plum Fairy in the Land of Sweets Grotto (open throughout the day – there may be a queue at busier times)
- Enjoy Christmas themed arts and crafts (drop-in throughout the day)
- Take part in our letter hunt around the building and enter into the prize draw to win a signed pair of pointe shoes from Royal Ballet Principal, Sarah Lamb.
- Enjoy performances from the talented dancers enrolled on the English National Ballet Schools’ Pre-Professional Dancers Programme (3.30-4.30pm). Please note seats will be allocated on a first-to-book basis. We will indicate in your final confirmation if you have been successful in obtaining seats for the show. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- And many more festive surprises!
Royal Academy of Dance headquarters
188 York Road
- Places are limited in each workshop and secured on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Payment is required at the time of booking.
- An automatic email will be sent via the booking platform Cvent to confirm your registration and payment were successful.
- Please quote the Cvent order no/ticket ref. when contacting the RAD with any queries related to your booking.
- Please read and familiarise yourself with our workshop and short courses’ Terms & Conditions before you book, this includes our cancellation and withdrawal policy.
- When a class is fully-booked, a waiting list will be activated. The Learning and Participation team will contact you via email should a suitable place become available.
- After the closing date, you will receive an additional confirmation by email, detailing registration and collection times for your child, suggested dress, and all other relevant information for the course and venue.
- For all queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay in touch via our newsletter and be the first to hear when courses are live to book, receive exclusive news and stay up to date with all our activities. You can also contact the Learning and Participation team by email: email@example.com.