We only use personal information if we have a proper reason to do so and this includes if we share information outside of the Royal Academy of Dance.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you:
- complete an online application/registration form
- speak to us on the telephone or in person
- make a payment (over the phone)
- use our websites
- complete a survey
- when registering for our mailing list
What type of information is collected from you?
- credit/debit card details
- email address
- date of birth
- telephone number
- academic school details (name, address, UCI and ULN number and access arrangements including evidence of SEND)
- predicted/achieved academic exam grades
- video showing applicants dance ability
- written task (write about a dance work/own dance
- medical information
- emergency contact
- equality, diversity and inclusion monitoring information (e.g. religion)
- dance experience/level and training
- head shots (for exam entries)
- copy of passport or birth certificate (for exam entries)
- IP address
- information regarding the web pages you have accessed and when.
- photography and film consent
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- process an application that you have made for a course (GCSE, A level, BTEC)
- deal with entries for an examination (AQA exam board, JCQ governing body)
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes or confirmation of our services;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities.
- handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
- contact you in an emergency situation
- treat you in an emergency first aid situation
- create registers to share with teachers, faculty and course attendants
What is the lawful basis for processing my information?
|Your information||Circumstances||Lawful basis|
|Name, telephone number and email address||To process your registration and ensure you receive information related to the Dance School||Contract|
|Credit/debit card details||To process your registration and ensure you receive information related to the Dance School||Contract|
|Name, address, email address, telephone number and DOB.||To process your registration and ensure you receive information related to the Dance School||Contract|
|Academic school details (name, address, UCI and ULN number and access arrangements including evidence of SEND)||To share information with JCQ and AQA in order to register students for their examination. To share information with police and emergency services, where there are safeguarding concerns or in an emergency situation||Contract|
|Predicted/achieved academic exam grades||To share with tutors on the programme to help with predicted grades and marking||Contract|
|Medical information||To establish any medical information that organisers or teachers should be aware of and Treat you in an emergency first aid situation||Consent|
|Emergency contact name, number and relation to you||Contact your nominated contact in an emergency situation||Contract|
|Equality, diversity and inclusion monitoring information (e.g. gender and religion)||Optional information for monitoring purposes.||Consent|
|Dance experience/level and training including a video showing applicants dance ability and a written task (writing about own dance or dance work)||To ensure that you are placed in the correct level of class||Contract|
|Head shots (for exam entries)||To share information with JCQ and AQA in order to register students for their examination.|
|Copy of passport or birth certificate (for exam entries)||To share information with JCQ and AQA in order to register students for their examination.|
|Photography and film consent||For future marketing and record of events||Consent|