Why Dance Matters
In a new podcast series, the Royal Academy of Dance asks remarkable people from the world of dance and beyond and all corners of the globe, why dance matters.
Why Dance Matters is a series of conversations with extraordinary people from the world of dance and beyond. It traces the impact of dance on their lives and asks why dance matters to them – and why it might matter to us all. The RAD inspires the world to dance, and we hope these insightful personal conversations – hosted by David Jays, editor of Dance Gazette, the RAD magazine – will delight and even surprise you.
Ways to listen
Series 1 guest lineup
- Episode 1: Xander Parish, Principal Dancer with the Mariinsky Ballet, Wednesday 19 May
- Episode 2: Gurinder Chadha OBE, director, producer and writer, Wednesday 26 May
- Episode 3: Choreographer Cathy Marston, Wednesday 2 June
- Episode 4: Victoria Trevino, RAD Teacher located in Mexico City, Wednesday 9 June
- Episode 5: Phil Chan, activist, author and co-founder of Final Bow for Yellowface, Wednesday 16 June
- Episode 6: Dr Guddi Singh, paediatrician, health campaigner and broadcaster, Wednesday 23 June
- Episode 7: Céline Gittens, Principal Dancer with Birmingham Royal Ballet, Wednesday 30 June
- Episode 8: Luke Rittner CBE, Chief Executive of RAD, Wednesday 7 July