Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 10 March 2021
The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) is committed to producing the best teachers in the world. Our CPD scheme will enable us to evidence that our teachers are at the forefront of dance education and training and that they have the most up-to-date knowledge and skills. CPD also gives teachers the chance to take an active role in their career development and to pursue any personal interests they have.
CPD only use personal information if we have a proper reason to do so and this includes if we share information outside of the RAD.
What is the lawful basis for processing my information?
- Contractual obligation
- Vital interests
- Legitimate interest
Where we have gained your consent for activities such as marketing communications you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting removal.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information when you:
- Complete an online form for a CPD activity
- Complete an online form for a CPD UK activity bursary
- Complete a form to become a CPD tutor
- Speak to us on the telephone, via email, or online
- Make a payment to us over the phone
- Use our website for attendance or CPD purposes
- Complete an optional survey
- When registering for our expression of interest list
- When you register with other RAD departments which may involve CPD (e.g. Marketing and Membership)
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect may include:
- Email address
- Billing address
- Credit/debit card information
- Contact number(s)
- Tutor dance experience/level and training
- Photography and film consent
- Rad id number
- Past experience regarding education and training undertaken
- Country of permanent residence
- Country in which you teach
- Professional experience
- First language
- Referee details
- Personal statement
- Rationale for a CPD UK activity bursary financial assistance
- Passport details (tutors only)
- Visa details (tutors only)
- Nationality (tutors only)
- Date of birth (tutors only)
- Meal preferences and allergies (tutors only)
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- Process an application that you have made for a CPD activity
- Process an application that you have made for a CPD UK activity bursary
- Process an application that you have made to become a CPD tutor
- Contact you for Silver Swans opportunities based on geographical location
- Contact you with information related to eligibility for the Silver Swans license
- Process payment for the CPD activity
- Send activity details via post when necessary
- Create an activity register for the tutor and staff/course assistant
- Contact you in an emergency situation regarding a CPD activity
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes or confirmation of our services
- Send you communications which you have requested regarding upcoming CPD activities
- Handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
- Create certificates for a CPD activity you attended
- Review the professional development undertaken for CPD audit
- To arrange flights and hotel bookings (tutors only)
- To arrange subsistence (tutors only)
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long, as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
The Royal Academy of Dance takes data security very seriously. We will ensure personal data will be kept safe and secure against any instances (including but not limited to) loss, misuse, or alteration. If we become aware of any instances where personal data may be compromised in any way, we will work closely with our IT team, DPO, and other parties as necessary to investigate the incident at hand. We have put into place the relevant procedure and policies in place to investigate, mitigate and report (when needed to relevant parties) such instances.
Third parties and data transfers
CPD uses third-party processors where needed to carry out certain activities for us. These third parties can be found here. Some of these third parties may be based outside the UK/EEA. Where such data transfers do occur we will ensure the appropriate data transfer agreement is in place.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice you can contact email@example.com