Events and Special Projects Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 20 Apr 2023
Last updated: 19 Apr 2023
This Privacy Notice is for instances where we collect personal data for RAD events, activities, special projects, and initiatives.
Lawful basis for processing your personal data
- Contractual obligation
- Legitimate interests
Where we have gained your consent for activities such as marketing communications, you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com and requesting removal.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information when you:
- Complete online or manual paper forms/invitations
- Speak to us on the telephone, via email, or in person
- Make a payment
- Sign up for the Cvent Event App
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect may include your:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Home borough
- Job title
- Place of work
- Full-time school
- Date of birth
- Exam results
- Credit/debit card information
- Dietary requirements
- RAD ID number
- Medical information including Covid-19 status
- Emergency contact name, number, and relation to you
- Passport details
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- Process a purchase/order for an activity or event
- Contact you about your participation in an event or activity
- Notify you of changes to our services
- To allow you to obtain a member discount, where applicable
- Send you communications that you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- Share information with police and emergency services, where there are safeguarding concerns or in an emergency situation
- Share information, where requested, with the local authority in accordance with child performance licensing regulations
- Handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
- Use and/or share your details with appropriate third parties (e.g. venues, catering providers, and other suppliers) in order to help with the planning and delivery of events and to accommodate any special and dietary requirements
- To arrange flight, hotel, and taxi bookings
- Help administer/manage our customer relationship database
- Contact you or your nominated contact, in an emergency situation
- Establish the age range of those involved in an event or activity for monitoring or reporting purposes
- Establish the geographical location of those in an event or activity for monitoring or reporting purposes
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- To provide you with information about events that you attend via the Cvent App/ Online Portal
- To enable you to register your attendance at events via Cvent
- To enable you to communicate with other attendees at events via the Cvent App/ Online Portal
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
For event attendees, the RAD will keep records of children engaged in any production under which a Body of Persons licence is granted for the life of the licence and for six months after the last performance. This means that information from children participating in each event needs to be kept for the life of the licence, and six months after the last performance that is included in that licence.
The Royal Academy of Dance takes data security very seriously. We will ensure personal data will be kept safe and secure against any instances (including but not limited to) loss, misuse, or alteration. If we become aware of any instances where personal data may be compromised in any way, we will work closely with our IT team, DPO, and other parties as necessary to investigate the incident at hand. We have put the relevant procedures and policies in place to investigate, mitigate and report (when needed to relevant parties) such instances.
Third parties and Data Transfers
Events and Special Projects uses third-party processors where needed to carry out certain activities for us. These third parties can be found here. Some of these third parties may be based outside the UK/EEA. Where such data transfers do occur we will ensure the appropriate data transfer agreement is in place.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.