Events and Special Projects Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 3 March 2021
This Privacy Notice is for instances where we collect personal data for RAD events, activities, special projects and initiatives.
Lawful basis of processing your personal data
- Contractual obligation
- Legitimate interests
Where the lawful basis for processing your information is stated as ‘consent’ above you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We obtain information about you when you:
- complete an online or manual paper forms/invitations
- speak to us on the telephone, via email or in person
- make a payment
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect may include your:
- email address
- telephone number
- home borough
- Job title
- Place of work
- full-time school
- date of birth
- exam results
- credit/debit card information
- dietary requirements
- RAD ID number
- medical information
- emergency contact name, number and relation to you
- passport details
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- process a purchase/order for an activity or event
- contact you about your participation in an event or activity
- notify you of changes to our services
- to allow you to obtain a Member discount, where applicable
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- share information with police and emergency services, where there are safeguarding concerns or in an emergency situation
- share information, where requested, with the local authority in accordance with child performance licensing regulations
- handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
- use and/or share your details with appropriate third parties (e.g. venues, catering providers and other suppliers) in order to help with the planning and delivery of events and to accommodate any special and dietary requirements
- to arrange flight, hotel and taxi bookings
- help administer/manage our customer relationship database
- contact you or your nominated contact, in an emergency situation
- establish the age range of those involved in an event or activity for monitoring or reporting purposes
- establish the geographical location of those in an event or activity for monitoring or reporting purposes
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
For event attendees, the RAD will keep records of children engaged in any production under which a Body of Persons license is granted for the life of the licence and for six months after the last performance. This means that information from children participating in each event need to be kept for the life of the license, and six months after the last performance that is included in that license.