How do we collect information from you?
- enrol as a student/staff member with library privileges
- complete an electronic or manual paper application form
- contact us by e-mail or letter
- speak to us on the telephone or in person
- make a payment
- contact us through the online library catalogue or social media
- make a donation
What type of information is collected from you?
- email address
- telephone number
- photographic image
- library or RAD membership no.
- programme details & dates (RAD students)
- department/employment details & dates (RAD staff)
- resource or research interests / level or purpose of research
- Institution or Employer (non-RAD)
- credit/debit card information
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- process an application that you have made for library membership
- communicate with you regarding your library borrowers account
- process a request for resources or information services
- process payments for information services or library fees
- process resources which you have donated
- notify you of changes to library opening hours or resource availability
What is the lawful basis for processing my information?
|Your information||Circumstances||Lawful basis|
|Name, contact information and credit card details||Registering and paying for a dance class activity||Contract|
|Name, contact details, photographic image, programme details and dates; RAD department/employment details and dates; or research interests (subscribers – optional)||Registering and administering library membership||Contract|
|Name, contact details, resources required or details of research interest||Requests for resources or information services||Contract|
|Name, contact details, credit or debit card details, institution or employer||Processing payments for information services of library fees||Contract|
|Name, contact details, resource list||Process resources which you have donated||Contract|
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
Enquiries which come to the Library & Archives department through RAD social media channels may be processed in line with other ‘requests for resources or information services’ as outlined above. In these circumstances the personal information which is initially collected is limited to name and resources required or area of research interest. If the enquiry progresses we may ask you to provide us with your direct contact details and any further correspondence will then be deemed to be processed on the same lines as outlined in the table above.