Effective date: 17 Feb 2021
The RAD Global Membership Services department provides information and support to existing members of the RAD and those who would like to become a member. The membership scheme enables members to receive updates and access benefits. Personal data is needed to process new member applications and to carry out other functions as stated below (“How is your information used?”). The Global Membership Services processes are conducted from the RAD Headquarters in London, UK.
Lawful basis of processing your personal data
- Contractual obligation
- Legal obligation
- Legitimate interests
How do we collect information from you?
- Complete an online application form
- Speak to us on the telephone
- Provide information via email or post
- Make a payment (including via credit/debit card, cheque, BACs, direct debit etc.)
- Through the Members area of the RAD website
- Complete a survey
- Make a donation
What type of information is collected from you?
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- teaching contact details
- credit/debit card information; including bank details for Direct Debit payers
- job vacancy listings including contact details
- supporting evidence (e.g. doctors letters, social security letters, benefit statements etc)
- proof of full-time education
- membership ID number
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- process an application or renewal that you have made for RAD membership
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- deal with entries into a competition
- handle an enquiry or complaint
- advertise your job listing
- publish your online listing (teaching members)
- publish your Life Member profile
- keeping track of your CPD status
- process applications for Membership fee discount eligibility
- process any refunds that may be applicable
Background Checks (Teaching Members Only)
Due to the nature of the work that teaching members carry out which involve working with young children, there is a requirement for these members to have completed an enhanced background check. The RAD recommends that all teaching members have an enhanced disclosure check every 3 years. The RAD will not carry out these checks as we do have official authority to do so under the Data Protection Act 2018, but we recommend the use of Due Diligence Checking (https://www.ddc.uk.net/) which can be carried out by individuals. Where we receive any details of any offences the Membership department will review and discuss the details (if relevant) with any relevant parties and possibly yourself to help us make a decision. We will ensure the safety and security of any results in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
If you have any complaints to this notice or about Membership at RAD, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
We retain lapsed member contact information for one year, so we can contact lapsed members about renewing.