We only use personal information if we have a proper reason to do so and this includes if we share information outside of the RAD.
How do we collect information from you?
- complete an online or manual paper application form
- speak to us on the telephone or in person
- provide information via email or post
- make a payment
- use our websites, including the members’ area
- complete a survey
- make a donation
What type of information is collected from you?
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- teaching contact details
- credit/debit card information; including bank details for Direct Debit payers
- job vacancy listings including contact details
- supporting evidence
- proof of full-time education
- IP address
- information regarding the web pages you have accessed and when
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- process an application or renewal that you have made for RAD membership
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- deal with entries into a competition
- handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
- advertise your job listing
- publish your online listing (teaching members)
- publish your Life Member profile
- contact you in an emergency situation
What is the lawful basis for processing my information?
|Your information||Circumstances||Lawful basis|
|Name, contact information, DOB, gender, qualifications and card/bank details||Process your membership subscription, including benefits, and information related to your membership||Contract|
|Teaching contact details||Publish your online listing||Consent|
|Biography (Life Members)||Publish your Life Member profile||Consent|
|Photographs||Entry into the photo competition; used in our marketing material||Consent|
|Contact information||Job vacancy listings, Membership offers||Consent|
|Contact information, supporting evidence||Complaints||Consent|
Where the lawful basis for processing your information is stated as ‘consent’ above you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time.
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
We retain lapsed member contact information for one year, so we can contact lapsed members about renewing.