Lecturer in Dance Education and DDTS Programme Manager
AFHEA, LRAD (Iris Truscott Award), ARAD, Specialist Diploma in Choreological Studies, MRes Dance (Intellect Postgraduate Prize), BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance
Felicity joined the Faculty of Education in September 2020, having previously worked as Lecturer at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, and also at Bird College Conservatoire for Dance and Musical Theatre. Her previous teaching experience includes module convening for Dance contextual studies, Dance analysis, Choreological practice and Dance History modules. Felicity has also taught on Historical Project (contextualisation), exploring ways of seeing, and movement for musicians modules; she has been a personal tutor and Independent Project supervisor.
In her current role in the Faculty of Education, Felicity is excited to be contributing to a wide range of programmes and to be undertaking a range of teaching activities, from teaching on the BABE technique modules, to MAE Research Methods module and Programme Managing the Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies. Felicity has extensive experience both in private and public school sector teaching. She is also an experienced RAD teacher, having taught both in her hometown of Taunton (South West of England) and London (since 2013).
Teaching and Management
Teaching areas include:
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies
- BA (Hons) Dance Education
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education
- Professional Dancers’ Teaching Diploma
- MA in Education (Dance Teaching)
Research Interests and Projects
- Felicity is accomplished in violin, piano, and voice, and has an extensive musical background which informs her current research interest into the relationships between music and dance through a choreological lens of ‘Choreutics’ and Space Harmony.
- She is the director and choreo-composer of FlickerrDance Company, an integrated music and dance research-based performance company which has been generated through her MRes democratic model. Her professional work has been shown at Resolution (The Place, London), Somerset, Bristol and Bournemouth.
- Royal Academy of Dance (Teaching Member)
- People Dancing
- University and College Union
t: 020 7328 8097