Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies Programme Manager and Lecturer in Dance Studies
MA Dance Philosophy and History
BA (Hons) English Literature
A graduate of both the University of Southampton and the University of Roehampton, Lauren joined the Faculty of Education in April 2015 predominantly working on the distance learning RAD Awards programmes. Most notably her work has focused upon the delivery of the Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS), of which she is now Programme Manager. Lauren oversees the delivery of CBTS in over 25 countries, and in 9 different languages. This involves working closely with the RAD National Directors and administrative staff to ensure all students receive the same experience, no matter where in the world they are studying. Lauren also tutors on the undergraduate programmes in the area of dance studies, including dance history, analysis and adult dance practice, and supervisors dissertations on the undergraduate degrees.
Teaching and Management
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies
- BA (Hons) Dance Education
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education
- Professional Dancers’ Teaching Diploma
Research Interests and Projects
- Cultural History
- National Identity
- ‘The Creative Force of Performance: Olympic Opening Ceremonies of Nazi Germany and Communist China as Visually Brilliant Displays of Utopian Political Unity Concealing Dystopian Individual Coercion’, South Atlantic Modern Language Association (SAMLA) annual conference (Jacksonville, Florida), November 2016.
t: 020 7328 8021