Effective date: 29 March 2021
Student Activities is a programme of extra activities, workshops, and short courses offered around the UK and internationally, including competitions. Whether you are being introduced to the RAD for the first time, or want to try something outside your weekly classes, we provide fun opportunities to explore different dance styles and showcase your performance skills and creativity to your friends and family.
We also offer intensive syllabus-based courses for students already learning the RAD syllabus and working towards an Examination. We have developed this privacy notice to help you understand how and why we process personal data.
Lawful basis of processing your personal data
- Legitimate interests
Where we have gained your consent for activities such as marketing communications you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting removal.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you:
- Complete an online application/registration form
- Speak to us on the telephone, in person, or via email
- Make a payment (online via Eventbrite or over the phone)
- Use our websites
- Complete a survey
- When registering for our mailing list
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect may include your:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit/debit card information
- Address (including regional location)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- CV information
- Dance/Teaching experience
- Health information
- Passport details
- Bank information
- Date of birth
- Academic school details (name and address) junior applicants only
- Medical information
- Emergency contact name, number, and relation to you
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion monitoring information (e.g. religion) (this is optional data and not mandatory to be provided. This helps us with our equality and diversity monitoring)
- Dance experience/level (grade) and training
- Headshots (for competitions/bursaries)
- Student membership ID number
- Sibling details
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- Process an application that you have made for an activity (class, course or programme of study) or event
- Process payment for the activity/event
- Administer with entries into a competition
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes or confirmation of our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- Handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
- Contact you in an emergency situation
- Treat you in an emergency first aid situation, and
- Create registers to share with teachers, faculty and course attendants
- Process applications to become a freelancer/teacher
- For freelancers/teachers only; use your headshot and experience information for marketing and promotional purposes
- For teachers/students; use your headshots in competition programmes
- To create registers for activities and to allow teachers to plan the content of the lessons
- To pay invoices
- To create certificates of participation
- To help arrange flight/travel and hotel bookings where required (teachers/freelancers only)
Student Activities takes the security and welfare of children very seriously and has implemented a Safeguarding function and committee. More information on RAD’s Safeguarding Policy & Procedures.
All Student Activities teachers/freelancers requiring contact with young people and vulnerable adults will need to comply with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, and any subsequent legislation, to ensure they will not be putting at risk young people or vulnerable adults in their care. For UK residents, this is likely to include an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or equivalent, applications for which they are made on their behalf by the RAD or a designated umbrella organisation.
Student Activities will not carry out background checks of teachers/freelancers, however, we will require you to have carried these out before confirming employment with us. We will require you to have carried out an Enhanced Background Check every year in which RAD Human Resources (HR) will send to you the relevant instructions and requirements. RAD HR will not share the result of the checks with Student Activities (or any other third party) but will verify when DBS is issued to confirm suitability of employment with Student Activities.
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
The Royal Academy of Dance takes data security very seriously. We will ensure personal data will be kept safe and secure against any instances (including but not limited to) loss, misuse or alteration. If we become aware of any instances where personal data may be compromised in any way, we will work closely with our IT team, DPO and other parties as necessary to investigate the incident at hand. We have put into place the relevant procedure and policies in place to investigate, mitigate and report (when needed to relevant parties) such instances.
Third parties and data transfers
Student Activities use third-party processors where needed to carry out certain activities for us. These third parties can be found here. Some of these third parties may be based outside the UK/EEA. Where such data transfers do occur we will ensure the appropriate data transfer agreement is in place.
Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions or complaints to this notice or about Student Activities at RAD, please send an email to email@example.com