Mapping Dance and Dance Teaching: Past(s), Present and Future(s)
2020 Conference postponement
In response to the evolving situation surrounding the Covid-19 outbreak and as a matter of caution, we have unfortunately decided to postpone the Mapping Dance and Dance Teaching: Past(s), Present and Future(s) on 4-5 September 2020. However, we are pleased to inform you that it has been rescheduled for 3-4 September 2021. Presenters and delegates have been notified of the change but we do encourage you to get in touch via email@example.com if you have any further questions.
3-4 September 2021
As part of the Royal Academy of Dance centenary, and in celebration of the Faculty of Education’s 21st anniversary the Faculty of Education of the Royal Academy of Dance will be hosting an international conference Mapping Dance and Dance Teaching: Past(s), Present and Future(s). In September 2021, the Royal Academy of Dance will be welcoming dance professionals, practitioners, educators, researchers, dance teachers, historians, and scholars to discuss, debate and contemplate past, present and future potentialities of dance and dance teaching.
The conference aims to address (but is not limited to) the following themes:
- Dance as art, dance as education, dance as inclusive practice
- Local and global trends, practices and expectations of dance as a performance art and dance as education and training
- The role of past models of dance teacher training and education in relation to current day practices and expectations
- Technologies and the impact on past, present and emerging practices in the learning and teaching of dance
- The influence of dance heritage in today’s rapidly evolving dance ecologies
- The influence and impact of dance science research on dance performance, training and teacher education programmes
- The role of interdisciplinary training to support the learning, teaching and performance of dance
- Global perspectives on the role and impact of dance competitions in the training and education of children, adolescents and young adults.
As a leader in dance education and training, and with a track record in delivering pioneering conferences in London (2009, 2013), Sydney, (2016), Brisbane (2018) and Melbourne (2020), the Royal Academy of Dance continues its legacy of bringing together stakeholders from the fields of dance performance, dance education, dance training and associated interdisciplinary domains.
General tickets will go on sale in 2021 when we will also release the full conference programme.
If you have any queries, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference sponsored by Harlequin
The Royal Academy of Dance is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Read our Privacy Notice.