Our distance learners are a growing community of dedicated students, many of them working professionals, with diverse experiences and interests.
Established dance teachers, as well as those new to the profession, often seek out ways to increase their knowledge and skills to enhance their teaching and support their professional development. One way of achieving these aspirations is to study for an internationally recognised qualification.
Having time to fit in study is always a challenge, and is a reason often quoted by dance teachers for not committing to a programme. Our distance learning programmes have been designed specifically with a busy dance teacher in mind, offering the flexibility to study at your own pace, in your country of residence, and around your personal and professional commitments. Students have access to comprehensive online study materials through our virtual learning environment, which also allows for collaborative learning and peer support from fellow students. Studying via distance learning no longer means studying in isolation and you will be supported every step of the way through one to- one study support and guidance provided by highly experienced tutors who are actively engaged in the fields of dance and education. Tutors recognise that students will be at different stages of learning, requiring personalised support, a feature of the programme which has been consistently praised by external examiners.
Studying via distance learning means that you:
- can study and work part-time wherever you are
- can plan your studies around your other commitments
- can focus your studies to reflect your own cultural surroundings, using examples of dance performance and teaching in your own country
- will receive personal support from your tutors by post, telephone, email and in some cases face-to-face, and
- will have access to our virtual learning environment, allowing you to communicate with your fellow students throughout the world.
Distance Learning Programmes
Our distance learning programmes are about increasing access to education, providing a flexible learning experience which is supportive and personalised. Listed below are the programmes we offer via distance learning.
- BA (Hons) Dance Education
- Master of Arts in Education (Dance Teaching)
- Certificate in Dance Teaching (Ballet)
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate
How does it work?
Watch our previously recorded webinar ‘Discover Distance Learning at the RAD’ in order to gain further insight on what it means to be a student on one of our distance learning programmes.