Be a Dancer
All RAD Registered Teachers are qualified to work with both girls and boys, and the RAD’s ballet syllabus offers variations for both sexes. Use our Find a teacher page to find your nearest RAD teacher.
To keep up to date, you can subscribe to our newsletter to receive further news about Project B by email (select Project B under preferences).
In the UK, our three year Project B campaign offered a number of bursaries for dance students to cover tuition and travel costs for student activities, including the Project B Dance Challenge, Boys Only! 2-day workshops, Masterclasses and Summer Schools. There were also contributions to termly fees and Exam fees for boys studying our Beginners – Level 3 classes and Syllabus classes at the RAD Dance School in London.
Bursaries were also available for trainee teachers studying on a full-time Faculty of Education programme, and for male students studying on our GCSE and A Level dance courses.
Project B in Australia over the 3 years offered:
- Boys DANCE 18 (Adelaide, SA) A high-energy, two-day workshop full of creativity and energy led by experienced male dance professionals and teachers. This workshop included ballet, contemporary, hip hop and tap for ages 7 to adult.
- Victoria – 17 February 2018 Australian Male Dance Ambassador Matthew Lawrence lead boys only! workshops as part of this year’s Victorian Dance Festival.
- New South Wales – 25 February 2018 Royal Academy of Dance Studio, 20 Farrell Ave, Darlinghurst ,NSW 2010 Ballet workshops for junior students with James Taylor from Sydney Dance Company.
- New South Wales – 19 April 2018 McDonald College, Strathfield, NSW The RAD in partnership with Ballet Brothers in association with Project B, offered Boys Only! workshops as part of the RAD Autumn School.
- Victoria – 6 July 2018 Boys Only! workshops with Australian Male Dance Ambassador Matthew Lawrence. Junior (under 10 years) and Senior (11 years and over) boys classes available.
- New South Wales RAD Studios Darlinghurst – 12 July 2018 Masterclass for vocational level boys (Intermediate Foundation – Advanced 2) and Grades students (Grades 3-5) with Lachlan Monaghan First Artist with Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Australian Capital Territory – 14 July 2018 Masterclass for vocational level boys (Intermediate Foundation – Advanced 2) and Grades students (Grades 3-5) with Lachlan Monaghan First Artist with Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Queensland – 15 July 2018 KGSC Studios, JS Block, L’Estrange Terrace, Kelvin Grove, QLD Ballet and contemporary workshops for junior and senior students. Faculty: Australian Male Dance Ambassador Matthew Lawrence and Expressions Dance Company Artist Jake McLarnon.
- Boys DANCE 19 South Australia – 4-5 January 2019 – Boys DANCE 19 – the return of our 2 day males only summer school in Adelaide.
- Melbourne – Project B returned to the Victorian Dance Festival (VDF) – Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 April 2019! for a superhero themed class for 3-7 years olds at the iconic venue Batman Royale. And 11+ senior ballet #RADProjectB workshop with Ballet Brother’s Founder Jake Burden on Sunday 14 April. Classes included in the cost of a VDF pass.
- Perth – 5 May 2019 Dance & Parkour Boys only classes A multi-faceted workshop bringing together dance, strength and conditioning and Parkour. Students in three age groups came together to explore this unique combination in a fast paced, workshop which allowed them the freedom to learn to fly!
- Melbourne – July Winter Workshop – Boys Only workshops for Junior and Senior boys
Principal Artist Ty King Wall of The Australian Ballet lead non-syllabus ballet classes focussing on technique.
- Sydney – 21 July – Boys Only Workshop for Junior and Senior boys
Classes in ballet technique, contemporary and musical theatre with Mitchell Rayner (ex The Australian Ballet).
- Queensland – 14 July 2019 – Boys Only! Masterclasses – For junior and senior boys. Classes in contemporary and ballet with Tama Barry and Gareth Belling.
- Boys DANCE 20 and Challenge – 3 -4 January 2020 In its third consecutive year, Boys DANCE 20 was two full days of workshops which culminated in a showcase for parents and friends. Classes in ballet, contemporary, tap and hip hop were included. New this year – boys also had the opportunity to compete in a boys only challenge bringing their favourite solo in any genre to impress the faculty and audience.