Become an RAD Member Plus
For students who have taken the next step in their RAD examination journey at vocational level and for returning students that want to keep supporting our work.
This category is perfect for those who have achieved RAD Intermediate Foundation or Benesh equivalent; a full list of eligibility criteria can be found below. Your vocational qualifications are a testament to your dedication to dance, being an RAD Member Plus celebrates all your hard work and supports you during your next steps. You will gain exclusive access to scholarships, awards and competitions such as the Fonteyn (formerly the Genée). Plus you can be more involved in shaping the future of the RAD by attending and voting in the Annual General Meeting (AGM)*.
Membership fee £86/€103
Reduced rate £43/€51*
*The reduced rate is available to members under age 18, in full-time education (proof required), over age 65, not currently working (proof required), on Maternity or Adoption Leave (proof required) or resident at an address in the following postcodes surrounding RAD Global Headquarters: SW11 1, SW11 2, SW11 3, SW11 4, or SW11 5.
Join us now
“I feel kept in the loop with updates via email and know I am dancing to the same tune as other all around the world.” – RAD Member Plus
What you gain
As an RAD Member Plus, you are taking the next step in your dance journey. Connect with other members across the globe through a passion for dance and discover exciting opportunities available only to those with an RAD Member Plus subscription or above. Read on to hear about the exclusive discounts and benefits available to you when you join. You will also have the the opportunity to become an Associate of the RAD (ARAD).
Benefits and discounts
Looking to take your next exam? With an RAD Member Plus subscription you can get kitted out with all your exam essentials and more with an exclusive discount both online and in store at the RAD Shop. You also receive:
- substantial discounts on Vocational Graded Exam fees***
- exclusive content in the Members’ Area such as exam updates, special features and offers and events
- regular e-newsletters straight to your inbox bursting with up to date news and information
- free access to The Wolfson Library which houses one of the largest specialist dance collections in the UK, including rare books, theatre programmes, photographs, costume designs, pictures, and artefacts
- the all new digital Dance Gazette and your own digital membership card, meaning your membership is always right at your fingertips.
You will also be entitled to our insurance scheme (UK only) and Hospital and Medical Care at competitive rates (UK and Ireland only) so you can be in tip top shape throughout your early professional training. Check out the benefits table below to see the difference between RAD Member and RAD Member Plus subscriptions.
|RAD Member Plus||RAD Member|
|Digital Membership card||Yes||Yes|
|Online Members' Area||Yes||Yes|
|Full access to the Wolfson Library||Yes||Yes|
|Can become ARAD**||Yes||No|
|Can attend the AGM**||Yes||No|
|10% discount in the RAD Shop, online and in store||Yes||Yes|
|20% discount in the RAD Cafe||Yes||Yes|
There's even more
You must have one of the following:
- Have passed an RAD vocational exam (from Intermediate Foundation upwards).
- Hold a Student Teaching Certificate (STC).
- Be enrolled in any RAD certificate, diploma, degree or master’s programme.
- Be a graduate of any RAD certificate, diploma or degree programme.
- Hold the Intermediate Level Certificate in Benesh Movement Notation, its equivalent or higher.
- Hold a Certificate in Benesh Movement Notation.
- Hold a Diplôme supérieur (2nd-year certificate) in BMN awarded by the Paris Conservatoire.
- Have been awarded Elementary Solo (Reading) in Benesh Movement Notation, or its equivalent.
**Terms and conditions apply
***from Advanced Foundation upwards
If you live in one of the following countries, please click to apply through your country’s RAD Website: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
All RAD Members must adhere to the Code of Conduct and Membership Terms and Conditions.