Effective date: 3 March 2021
RAD Dance School is based at our headquarters in Battersea, London, and offers a variety of extra-curricular dance classes for young people and adults. Whether for fun and fitness or to develop technique and skills, we provide a full timetable of classes offering something for everyone. This privacy notice is designed to inform you of how and why we process personal data.
What is the lawful basis for processing my information?
- Legal obligation
Where the lawful basis for processing your information is stated as ‘consent’ above, you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you:
- Complete an online application/registration form
- When you send an email to the dance school email address
- Speak to us on the telephone or in person
- Make a payment (over the phone or online)
- Complete an information request via the dance school section of the RAD website
- Complete a survey
What type of information is collected from you?
- Email address
- Credit/debit card details
- Financial information relating to bursary applications
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Academic school details (name, address) for junior applicants only
- Medical information
- Sibling details
- Dance experience/level and training
- Photography and film consent
- Emergency contact information
- Any data relating to a safeguarding concern
How is your information used?
- To process your registration and ensure you receive information related to the Dance School
- Deal with entries for an examination with the RAD
- Create and send invoices for services (including debt collection via third party)
- Share information with the police and emergency services, where there are safeguarding concerns or in an emergency situation
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes or confirmation of our services;
- Handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
- Contact your nominated contact in an emergency situation
- Treat you in an emergency first aid situation
- Ensure that relevant discount is applied to your account
- Create registers to share with teachers, faculty, and assistants
- Register you for a performance/event
The RAD Dance School takes the security and welfare of children very seriously and has implemented a Safeguarding function and committee. More information can be found on RAD’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
All teaching faculty, dance school assistants, and pianists requiring contact with young people and vulnerable adults will need to comply with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, and any subsequent legislation, to ensure they will not be putting at risk young people or vulnerable adults in their care. For UK residents, this is likely to include an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or equivalent, applications for which they are made on their behalf by the RAD or a designated umbrella organisation.
The Dance School will not carry out background checks of teaching faculty, dance school assistants, and/or pianists, however, we will require you to have carried these out before confirming employment with us. We will require you to have carried out an Enhanced Background Check every year in which RAD Human Resources (HR) will send to you the relevant instructions and requirements. RAD HR will not share the result of the checks with Dance School (or any other third party) but will verify when DBS is issued to confirm suitability of employment with Dance School.
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations. When we are no longer required to keep personal data we will destroy this using appropriate means such as a third-party data shredding company.
The Royal Academy of Dance takes data security very seriously. We will ensure personal data will be kept safe and secure against any instances (including but not limited to) loss, misuse, or alteration. If we become aware of any instances where personal data may be compromised in any way, we will work closely with our IT team, DPO, and other parties as necessary to investigate the incident at hand. We have put into place the relevant procedure and policies in place to investigate, mitigate and report (when needed to relevant parties) such instances.
Third parties and data transfers
Dance School uses third-party processors where needed to carry out certain activities for us. These third parties can be found here. Some of these third parties may be based outside the UK/EEA. Where such data transfers do occur we will ensure the appropriate data transfer agreement is in place.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice you can contact email@example.com.