ARAD Terms & Conditions
Associate of the Royal Academy of Dance is a title awarded to Full Members of the RAD in recognition of successfully passing the RAD’s Advanced 2 examination. This is not a professional status, to view our professional membership categories visit our Become a Registered Teacher page or Become a Silver Swan Licensee page.
In order to become an Associate of the Royal Academy of Dance (ARAD) the following three requirements must be met:
- You must be a Full Member of the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD Members Plus or RAD Registered Teachers).
- Your membership subscription must be active.
- You must have passed a Vocational Graded Examination at RAD Advanced 2 level (RAD Advanced level prior to September 2001).
Within 3 months of you meeting this criterion, you will receive a confirmation email from the RAD confirming you may use ARAD after your name in recognition of your success. For example: Jane Doe ARAD.
To use ARAD after your name must adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Election:
- ARAD is a membership award in recognition of the applicants’ achievement at RAD Advanced 2 level. It is not a qualification; the qualification is the RAD Advanced 2.
- You must continue to be a paid member of the Royal Academy of Dance to be able to use the initials ARAD after your name.
- Failure to keep your membership up-to-date removes the right for you to use the initials ARAD after your name.