ARAD Terms & Conditions
ARAD is a title awarded to those who have become an Associate of the Royal Academy of Dance.
In order to become an Associate of the Royal Academy of Dance (ARAD) the following three requirements must be met:
- You must be a RAD Member Plus of the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD Registered Teachers are RAD Members Plus).
- Your membership subscription must be active.
- You must have passed a Vocational Graded Examination at RAD Advanced 2 level (RAD Advanced level prior to September 2001).
Within 3 months of you meeting this criterion, you will receive a confirmation email from the RAD confirming you may use ARAD after your name in recognition of your success. For example: Jane Doe ARAD.
To use ARAD after your name must adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Election:
- ARAD is a membership award in recognition of the applicants’ achievement at RAD Advanced 2 level. It is not a qualification; the qualification is the RAD Advanced 2.
- You must continue to be a paid member of the Royal Academy of Dance to be able to use the initials ARAD after your name.
- Failure to keep your membership up-to-date removes the right for you to use the initials ARAD after your name.