Become an RAD Registered Teacher
Join the RAD’s worldwide network of qualified dance teachers and become part of a professional, international community. If you’re actively teaching, take advantage of our international reputation and further your career with our Continuing Professional Development activities.
This category provides you with accredited status as an RAD Registered Teacher and gives you access a range of resources to help your professional teaching career, many of which have been actively developed to support you throughout the pandemic and beyond.
Membership fee £140/€163
Graduate rate £126/€147
What you gain
Teachers should hold one of the following university-validated or RAD awards: Current Offered Programmes:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education
- BA (Hons) Dance Education*
- Diploma in Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma in Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Certificate of Higher Education: Ballet Education*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Professional Dancers' Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- MA in Education (Dance Teaching)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching with QTS (PGCE:DT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching (exit award from Masters programme)*
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education: Dance Teaching (exit award from Masters programme)*
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
- RAD Access Route
Previously Offered Programmes:
- Teaching Certificate Programme (TCP)
- Teaching Diploma Programme (TD)
- BA (Hons) in the Art and Teaching of Ballet
*Eligible for RTS upon successful completion of a teaching portfolio.
**Terms and conditions apply.
***From Advanced Foundation upwards
Teachers reinstating their memberships will be charged an additional fee. These fees have been temporarily suspended until August 2022, due to the pandemic.
RAD teaching members should apply for an Enhanced Disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Disclosure Scotland or another equivalent international body every three years. RAD Registered teachers in the UK can apply via the Registered Umbrella Body, more information about this is available in the Members’ Area.