Become an RAD Registered Teacher
Join the RAD’s worldwide network of qualified dance teachers and become part of a professional, international community. If you’re actively teaching, take advantage of our international reputation and further your career with our Continuing Professional Development activities.
This category provides you with accredited status as an RAD Registered Teacher and gives you access a range of resources to help your professional teaching career, many of which have been actively developed to support you throughout the pandemic and beyond.
Membership fee £140/€163
Graduate rate £126/€147
What you gain
There's even more
Teachers should hold one of the following university-validated, RAD awards or routes: Current Offered Programmes/Routes:
- Master of Arts in Education (Dance Teaching)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching with Qualified Teacher Status
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education
- BA (Hons) Dance Education*
- Diploma of Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate
- Professional Dancers’ Teaching Diploma
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies
- Pathway to Registered Teacher Status
- RAD Access Route with an approved degree from an RAD partnership institution
Previously Offered Programmes:
- BA (Hons) Classical Ballet Teaching
- BA (Hons) Art and Teaching of Ballet
- RAD Teaching Diploma
- RAD Teaching Certificate
- BA (Hons) Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
* Graduates from these programme must have obtained RAD Intermediate or equivalent in ballet and taken option module BDE505 in a ballet context.
** The RTS portfolio is no longer offered. For those who commenced their studies in the academic year 2017/18 or before the portfolio was eligible for submission within five years of graduation. For those who commenced their studies in academic year 2018/19 and 2019/20 the portfolio was eligible for submission within their period of registration.
Teachers reinstating their memberships will be charged an additional fee. These fees have been temporarily suspended until August 2022, due to the pandemic.
RAD teaching members should apply for an Enhanced Disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Disclosure Scotland or another equivalent international body every three years. RAD Registered teachers in the UK can apply via the Registered Umbrella Body, more information about this is available in the Members’ Area.