Faculty of Education Student Membership Terms & Conditions
Eligibility Criteria and Benefits
1. Students enrolled on a Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Faculty of Education programme or Benesh International programme are automatically granted complimentary Faculty of Education Student membership, to last for the duration of their study.
2. The Code of Conduct applies to all members of the RAD who upon admission and readmission are bound by its Bye-Laws. Membership is continuous, unless revoked by the RAD in line with Disciplinary Rules and Procedures.
3. Eligible students will automatically receive an email from the Membership team, with information about their Student Membership within 28 days of starting their programme. The email will contain their RAD ID and Members’ Area registration link.
4. Student Membership will last for the duration of the course of study.
5. Student Members will be contacted within 30 days of completion of their course to be notified that their membership will expire. To continue as a Member of the RAD, they must apply and pay, entering into a new Membership contract.
6. Student Members do not receive any print benefits; more information on Student Member benefits can be found here.
7. Student Members who wish to receive print benefits, including Dance Gazette, may upgrade to be an RAD Member Plus at the reduced rate. Visit https://www.royalacademyofdance.org/membership/become-an-rad-member-plus/ for more information.
8. Faculty of Education or Benesh International students who are already an RAD Member or RAD Member Plus when enrolling on a programme are eligible to be an RAD Member Plus at a reduced rate membership; their membership will be automatically changed to reflect this. If they would prefer to be a Student Member, they must notify the Membership department in writing; no refund will be given for any membership fees already paid.
9. If a student has paid the RAD Member Plus reduced fee, but would prefer to hold Student Membership, the standard 7-day refund policy applies, after the payment has been received. See the Membership Terms & Conditions for more information.
10. We hold students’ information securely to enable us to set up free Student Memberships. Contract is the legal basis for processing this information.
11. The RAD will not disclose member details to any third party without consent unless legally required to do so.
12. Our full Data Protection Policy and Procedures document is available at royalacademyofdance.org/policies. Our Privacy Notice is available at https://www.royalacademyofdance.org/membership-services-privacy-policy/.
13. Terms and conditions of membership are subject to revision.