RAD Teachers’ Hardship Fund
The discretionary RAD Teachers’ Hardship Fund provides discounted membership fees (a 50% or 20% reduction) to RAD Registered Teachers who are experiencing financial hardship. Teachers who may be considering cancelling their membership because of financial problems are encouraged to apply.
Applications open one month prior to your membership renewal date, and we recommend that you apply no later than this date. We will, however, accept applications after this date if there are funds available.
Who Can Apply?
You must be able to prove that you are in financial hardship when applying.
We will accept the following reasons for applications:
- critical illness or bereavement which has impacted on earnings
- a financial crisis in your country of residence
- unemployment or other financial hardship.
- You should usually have been an RAD Registered Teacher for a minimum of 1 year and have paid in full your subscription for the previous membership year.
- RAD Registered Teachers worldwide can apply to the fund.
- Teachers recognised by mutual agreement are not eligible.
From 2016 – 2019, funds will be allocated from the Fiona Campbell legacy, left to the RAD by the former RAD teacher and examiner. However, the funds provided by the legacy are limited and we will not be able to fulfill every application.
The RAD will be implementing a range of activities to raise additional finance for the Teachers’ Hardship Fund. If you are interested in contributing, please contact the membership team.