Benesh International Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 24 February 2021
Benesh International is the home of Benesh Movement Notation (BMN). We offer training programmes and courses through our Training Centre, events for the global Benesh community, and subscriptions with access to online BMN resources.
Lawful basis of processing your personal data
- Contractual obligation
- Legitimate interests
Where the lawful basis for processing your information is stated as ‘consent’ above, you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
How do we collect information from you?
- complete an online or manual paper application form
- speak to us on the telephone or in-person
- provide information via email or post
- use our websites
- complete a survey
What type of information is collected from you?
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- health information*
- RAD ID number
- relevant dance experience/training
- language skills and supporting evidence
- signature (including digital signatures)
- photography and filming consent
- photographs/filmed footage
- from references
*Health information is collected for course enrolments and registrations so we have awareness of any medical issues we may need to know of
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- process an application that you have made for a place on a Benesh International programme or course
- enrol you on a Benesh International programme or course
- process an application or renewal that you have made for a Benesh International subscription
- process an application for access to the Encyclopedia of Benesh Movement Notation
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- deal with entries into a competition
- handle and enquiry or complaint you have made
- contact you in an emergency situation
- process an order for an activity or event
- prove that we have gathered consent from you
- use for marketing materials and record of events
- to print certificates
How long is your information kept?
We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
If you enrol on a Benesh International programme, your application will become part of your student records, which will be held for the duration of your study and six years after graduation.
For more information, you can contact email@example.com