Benesh International Privacy Notice
Benesh International is the home of Benesh Movement Notation (BMN). We offer training programmes and courses, events for the global Benesh community, and subscriptions with access to online BMN resources.
We only use personal information if we have proper reason to do so and this includes if we share information outside of the RAD.
How do we collect information from you?
- complete an online or manual paper application form
- speak to us on the telephone or in person
- provide information via email or post
- use our websites
- complete a survey
What type of information is collected from you?
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- RAD ID number
- relevant dance experience/training
- language skills and supporting evidence
- signature (including digital signatures)
- photography and filming consent
- photographs/filmed footage
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- process an application that you have made for a place on a Benesh International programme or course
- enrol you on a Benesh International programme or course
- process an application or renewal that you have made for a Benesh International subscription
- process an application for access to the Encyclopedia of Benesh Movement Notation
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- deal with entries into a competition
- handle and enquiry or complaint you have made
- contact you in an emergency situation
- process an order for an activity or event
- prove that we have gathered consent from you
- use for marketing materials and record of events
What is the lawful basis for processing my information?
|YOUR INFORMATION||CIRCUMSTANCES||LAWFUL BASIS|
|Name, contact information, DOB, title, qualifications, relevant dance experience/training, language skills||Process an application you have made for a place on a Benesh International programme or course and enrol you onto a Benesh International programme or course||Contract|
|Name, contact information, DOB, title, qualifications, relevant dance experience/training, RAD ID number||Process an application for access to the Encyclopedia of Benesh Movement Notation||Contract|
|Name, contact information||Process an order for an activity or event||Contract|
|Contact information||To send you communications you have requested and that may be of interest to you, offers||Consent|
|Signature||To prove we have gathered consent from you, or that a contract has been entered into||Contract|
|Photography and filming consent||Future marketing and record of events||Consent|
|Photographs/filmed footage||Future marketing and record of events||Consent|
Where the lawful basis for processing your information is stated as ‘consent’ above, you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent in writing by emailing email@example.com at any time.
How long is your information kept?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
If you enrol on a Benesh International programme, your application will become part of your student records, which will be held for the duration of your study and six years after graduation.