Benesh International Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 24 February 2021
Benesh International is the home of Benesh Movement Notation (BMN). We offer training programmes and courses through our Training Centre, events for the global Benesh community, and subscriptions with access to online BMN resources.
Lawful basis of processing your personal data
- Contractual obligation
- Legitimate interests
Where we have gained your consent for activities such as marketing communications you have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting removal.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information when you:
- Complete an online or manual paper application form
- Speak to us on the telephone or in person
- Provide information via email or post
- Use our websites
- Complete a survey
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Health information
- RAD ID number
- Relevant dance experience/training
- Language skills and supporting evidence
- Signature (including digital signatures)
- Photography and filming consent
- Photographs/filmed footage
- From references
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
- Process an application that you have made for a place on a Benesh International programme or course
- Enrol you on a Benesh International programme or course
- Process an application or renewal that you have made for a Benesh International subscription
- Process an application for access to the Encyclopedia of Benesh Movement Notation
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
- Deal with entries into a competition
- Handle and enquiry or complaint you have made
- Contact you in an emergency situation
- Process an order for an activity or event
- Prove that we have gathered consent from you
- Use for marketing materials and record of events
- To print certificates
How long is your information kept?
We hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us. If you enrol on a Benesh International programme, your application will become part of your student records, which will be held for the duration of your study and six years after graduation.
The Royal Academy of Dance takes data security very seriously. We will ensure personal data will be kept safe and secure against any instances (including but not limited to) loss, misuse, or alteration. If we become aware of any instances where personal data may be compromised in any way, we will work closely with our IT team, DPO and other parties as necessary to investigate the incident at hand. We have put into place the relevant procedure and policies in place to investigate, mitigate and report (when needed to relevant parties) such instances.
Third parties and data transfers
Benesh International uses third-party processors where needed to carry out certain activities for us. These third parties can be found here. Some of these third parties may be based outside the UK/EEA. Where such data transfers do occur we will ensure the appropriate data transfer agreement is in place.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice you can contact email@example.com