The Royal Academy of Dance was established in 1920, and right through into our 97th year, we continue to promote and develop excellence in dance. Our syllabi are taught around the world and thousands of students are enrolled on our many dance courses and study programmes.
Our alumni have gone on to work with the most prestigious dance companies and to become the best teachers. We need individuals who share our passion for excellence in dance and in supporting communities to enable this prestigious work to continue.
As part of our social responsibility remit, we continue to bring dance into a growing range of communities and schools. When you choose to support the Royal Academy of Dance, every donation counts and every donor makes a difference.
There are a number of benefits on offer as a thank you for individual support including:
- Invitations to VIP fundraising events and stewardship events
- Access to sharings of work and viewings of community projects
- Invitations to RAD project launches.
- Opportunities to be credited with a thank you (if you wish)
- Reports on the impact your donation is making to a particular project or fund
The President’s Circle
The President’s Circle has been formed in tribute to the inspiration of our Founding President, Dame Adeline Genée, and her successors: Dame Margot Fonteyn, Dame Antoinette Sibley and Darcey Bussell CBE.
You'll join a group of people who are committed to the future of our young dancers, choreographers and teachers – and receive a range of invitations to exclusive events. All subscriptions and donations are used to benefit the RAD's work.
To join the President’s Circle, please complete this form and return to the address listed. Alternatively, we would be happy to discuss potential membership further with you. Please contact Matthew Cunningham, Director of Strategic Development and Fundraising, on 0207 326 8082 or email email@example.com.
Other Types of Individual giving
- A one-off donation to the Royal Academy of Dance can help us deliver unique activities that would otherwise not be possible without financial support.
- A regular gift will allow us to plan for the future with confidence. Regular gifts can occur monthly, bi-annually or annually and any amount you can commit to contribute will make a huge impact.
- Planned gifts - often in the form of legacy gifts - help to secure the financial viability of the RAD and will ensure that we can continue to provide the highest quality of ballet teaching and provide support for bursaries and scholarships to secure the future of the next generation of dancers and teachers.
- Leaving a legacy is a very simple process, and the Fundraising and Development Team can advise on the details you would need to provide to the person drawing up your will.
- A gift 'in-memoriam' - also known as 'tribute giving' - is a way of honouring the memory of a loved one through a donation to the work of the RAD. By choosing in-memoriam giving, you are enabling the legacy of someone you love to support the dancers of the future.
If you have any questions about individual giving or would like to make a contribution, please contact our Fundraising and Development team. Further information about individual giving, including legacy gifts, is available from our Charity Choice portal.
If you are a UK tax payer, the Royal Academy of Dance is able to maximise your donation through the Gift Aid scheme. Registered charities are able to reclaim income tax from HMRC on the donation you have made – if you are eligible, every £10 you donate is worth £12.50 to the RAD.